Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From JL Audio this morning.
The Armada Stealthbox is very near completion on the design end. From this point it will probably be 4 to 6 weeks before they'll be available for purchase, as they must have production molds built, cost studies done, and installation instructions drawn up. This enclosure fits into the the driver's side cargo panel in place of the removable door accessing the jack. (The jack will be moved to a location under the cargo floor). The enclosure will house a single 10W3V2 in a sealed enclosure firing directly out from the side panel. Pricing is not set at this time, pending cost studies, etc. but expect suggested retail to be in line with other models of similar size and complexity (500 to 550). :D

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Aw thank god they messaged someone else. All I keep getting is 'We're working on it, it will be out in a few weeks." No details.

That's a very interesting location for the sub. That's a hefty price, though, concidering that they don't come with any amplification.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They don't have them made for the LE as the box interferes with the auto tailgate lift system. :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
t west said:
I heard it will look like this :D
Correct. They are being mounted there. This is where the acutator for the power tailgate is so that's why they can't put them in LE. They fit in XE and SE though. Maybe I gotta go back and make another box.
Generally, a Stealthbox is about $500 but it doesn't include the amp or crossover. Its just a sub and box so figure a grand to do it yourself and do it right. ;)

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I"ve had a Stealthbox in my Mitsu Eclipse for about 5 years and I was lookin' forward to putting one in the Armada. BUT since i have the power liftgate I guess i'm gonna have to look at something else.
Thanks for the info Manny

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dboogie said:
I"ve had a Stealthbox in my Mitsu Eclipse for about 5 years and I was lookin' forward to putting one in the Armada. BUT since i have the power liftgate I guess i'm gonna have to look at something else.
Thanks for the info Manny
I'm waiting also. Don't know why they couldn't make one for everyone. I would think the more expensive LE and QX would be in the market for these more than entry level models. Maybe they will have them soon? :mad:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I have one

I have the JL Stealthbox in my armada. I have an 04 LE but dont have the power lift so I was able to get one. They are not cheap but the improvement is worth it IMHO. If you are into music at all, the difference over stock cant even be explained. The box is $650(sub/enclosure), from there its up to you as far as which amp, wires, install, etc. I would count on $1100-1200 if you do it yourself or $1500 if you have it installed. Like I said it isnt cheap, but there is no loss in cargo. Here is a pic of mine w/amp under cargo area bdhind 3rd seat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
shaft2k said:
I have the JL Stealthbox in my armada. I have an 04 LE but dont have the power lift so I was able to get one. They are not cheap but the improvement is worth it IMHO. If you are into music at all, the difference over stock cant even be explained. The box is $650(sub/enclosure), from there its up to you as far as which amp, wires, install, etc. I would count on $1100-1200 if you do it yourself or $1500 if you have it installed. Like I said it isnt cheap, but there is no loss in cargo. Here is a pic of mine w/amp under cargo area bdhind 3rd seat.
I am trying to decide on where to mount the amp. I have all alpine with AMP-LINK so you can see how hot amp is getting and such from the main head unit. Does your amp overheat?

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Not Yet

I've only had it for a couple of weeks, but no it hasnt. In all pics of people who have amps that I've seen, the little cargo area underneath behind the 3trd seat is where the amp has been placed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
shaft2k
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing