Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Has anyone noticed the transmission is a bit jumpy? I know I posted earlier on transmission question but this is different. When starting off the needle is jumping up and down and you certainly can feel it. Seems like a software update needs to be done. Anyone else?
There are many posts about this and similar transmission issues on the 17 Mada. Mine was jumpy like you describe as well as always “searching for a gear”. Dealer told me mine needed ECM and transmission update, which essentially remapped shift points to a higher RPM. Helped a little with the jumpy issue, but still does not shift smoothly. Better performance, but also less gas mileage. I’m hoping with more complaints from people and dealers, they’ll get a better update!! It’s all in the software...

·
Registered
1 Posts
What CEL code appears when people have encountered this issue? I was driving on the highway up and down a few mountains this afternoon and noticed a stumble and hesitation during a down shift for the first time. After shifting up and down a couple of time, the car threw a P1734 code. I'm wondering if this is the same code others have received when they encountered this issue. This happened on a 2018 AWD platinum.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
There are many posts about this and similar transmission issues on the 17 Mada. Mine was jumpy like you describe as well as always “searching for a gear”. Dealer told me mine needed ECM and transmission update, which essentially remapped shift points to a higher RPM. Helped a little with the jumpy issue, but still does not shift smoothly. Better performance, but also less gas mileage. I’m hoping with more complaints from people and dealers, they’ll get a better update!! It’s all in the software...
The software update doesn't fix this problem really as it lowers the power on hight RPMs, and increases the pressure, shift points etc.
The software must work for comfort, longlivity of the engine, ecological standards etc.
You have to remap the ECU increase the timing angle (TA) in low RPMs and change the powertrain force and engine force map.
You will get -1 sec in acceleration to 60 and a better transmission work.
In the low end you can increase the TA up to +5, but don't increase to much in the 2000-2400 range as detonation may accure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is all I could find...
I have a 2018 Armada SL, this is how mine feels - seems to always be in a higher gear than it should and I sometimes see the RPM gauge jump around when it shouldn't be IMO. I've asked the dealer about it and they said there was no TSB for mine - I'm out of warranty so I'd have to pay for an ECM/TCU update which I'm fine with, but I can't seem to find a TSB that would be associated to my VIN? Anyone know of any TSB's that are associated to the 2018 models?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey folks. Sorry In advance for the long story. Hopefully this helps, but don’t expect @Nissan to be much help even after your dealer confirms. We had the jumpy transmission/throttle flutter issue starting around 2800 miles on our 2017 Armada Platinum. After many trips to the dealer, software updates, and no resolution we gave up. Well battery died recently and the dealer was doing routine test drive after and really noticed what we had been complaining about(3.5yrs and 90k miles later). Thank goodness they kept solid records of the earlier reports. Turns out there is a pump in the transmission that was bad, sorry don’t recall the part, but if someone more technical knows trans parts it may spark my memory. The only way to fix is replace the transmission. After fighting with Nissan all they would offer is a 70/30 split on a $6500 bill even though there was record of complaints well within warranty. Luckily we had a fallback with a secondary warranty through the dealer that covered all but $200 deductible. All better after waiting 3 weeks for the warranty outcome and transmission replacement. Very unhappy with Nissan’s response. This is our 3rd Nissan vehicle(2nd armada) and will be the last.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts