Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I鈥檓 super happy! I just bought a beautiful 2015 Armada Platinum Reserve! 馃槂

I was wondering how I can set the brakes with the truck when I have the trailer in the back?

Thanks,

Simon

Premium Member
Congratulations, nice truck.

Re: trailer brakes, look at the manual for your brake controller. That will give you the directions on how to do that. On mine (Tekonsha Prodigy), you slide the manual handle all the way over, adjusting the boost until the tires just barely lock up.

Keith

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations, nice truck.

Re: trailer brakes, look at the manual for your brake controller. That will give you the directions on how to do that. On mine (Tekonsha Prodigy), you slide the manual handle all the way over, adjusting the boost until the tires just barely lock up.

Keith
Thanks Keith! 馃憤

I will buy a brake controller at Canadian Tire tomorrow, hope it will solve the issue, I don鈥檛 want the brakes on the truck do the job itself! 馃槂

Premium Member
Not sure what the law is in Canada, but in most states here in the US, any trailer over 1500 lbs is required to have brakes. If the brakes are electric, you will need a brake controller to send the signal to activate them.

What type of trailer are you pulling?

Keith

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what the law is in Canada, but in most states here in the US, any trailer over 1500 lbs is required to have brakes. If the brakes are electric, you will need a brake controller to send the signal to activate them.

What type of trailer are you pulling?

Keith
It is a 24 feet long Beautiful Sunset Trail! 馃憤

1 - 5 of 5 Posts