Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup everyone, love this group, I just picked up my beast yesterday, 05 Black, SE loaded. I found this group a day before I was taking delivery of this ride, man I must have read a 1000 posts. I have been doing research for almost 2 weeks trying to figure out what suv to buy as I need a suv with a lot of space for my familt and I am a big guy myself. I was looking in all the wrong places, I looked at the honda pilot, nissan pathfinder, chrysler pacifica, nissan murano. I was looking at the midsize suvs, never looked at the larger suvs, as my budget kept me in the midsize suv range. So i was dead set on a murano, then about late last week saw a pathfinder commercial and started looking at the pathfinder and finallt took a saturday and went to test drive all these cars, keep in mind that this was satyrday that just past and at this point I have heard the name armada but never looked at it, thought about it nor even considered it, so I test drive the Honda pilot first, nice car but just did not feel right for me, it was too small for me, I am 6.4, 260lbs big and just did not look right in the pilot, once I sat comfortably in the drivers seat my kid could not even get in behind my seat, but it was the right price range for me, so dissapointed I walk out of the honda dealership and head over to the nissan dealership, as I pull up to the dealership i see these 2 ARMADA's one in black, one in red, the red one had 22" chrome spoke rims and the black one had the 22" black spoke rims and man as me. my best friend and my daughter got out of my car and started walking towards the nissan dealership entrance, these 2 trucks catch my eye and man I was in love (love at first sight), I walked over to them and the red one was open just sitting out there outside the dealership and we opened up the red beast and got in it and it was instant love, i was so exited that I finally found a truck that I can sit in comfortably and people behind me could still stretch out and it was a fully loaded LE and right there I had found my soulmate besides my wife, I walked into the showroom, sat in a pathfinder, sat in a murano and I knew that the beast was for me. I tried talking to a couple of sales guys and they kind of seemed annoyed by my questions or I just did not feel like they were giving me proper attention as a possible customer, so I left and went home and started researching armada and after a couple of hours found this group and man I started reading all the posts about the brake problems and was dissapointed, then I started seeing some posts about what NIsaan is doing about this and that the new brake kits should be out soon and so on, so the emotional roller coaster was on, discouraged one minute, encourged the next, It was very excillarating, does anyone know what I mean, so I started reading more posts, doing more research about the armada but after weighing in all the posts on this group i decided I liked the beast too much to let the break problems stop me from getting the beast, so I calle dmy cars direct rep and speced out a SE 4x4 with Sunroof package, tow package, dvd, splash guards, mats etc and got it for $100 below invoice from cars direct.

I agreed to all needed terms, and the car was delivered to me 2 days later which was yesterday and man does it look rugged, I cannot wait to put it on the highway this friday. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm licking my chops.

Sorry for the essay but wanted to tell you guys that your posts finally convinced me to get the beast and I AM HAPPY I DID.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride!

This is a great forum with lots of info, and you're right, the issues are getting worked out. Actually the issues have all been small, and they're getting solved now (finally) for a lot of people. The newest models are put together well, and the 06's will be even better. Sounds like you got a great deal!

Any mods planned?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mods On My Armada

adjmcloon said:
Congratulations on your new ride!

This is a great forum with lots of info, and you're right, the issues are getting worked out. Actually the issues have all been small, and they're getting solved now (finally) for a lot of people. The newest models are put together well, and the 06's will be even better. Sounds like you got a great deal!

Any mods planned?
I did not get the grill guard when I bought it, I will be putting a grill guard on, I need help with the tire modification, I want to put 22" with some nice black 5 spoke rims, I do not know where to begin, what to look for, where to shop cheap but good bargain etc. Any help woul dbe appreciated. Also my 05 has 275 miles on it, should I atleast wait till I pass 3000 miles see if I experience the break problem and if I do then take it in, have them replace it with teh new rotor kit and then change my tires????/

Thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts