Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today my dad was driving me to school was rear ending someone at a stop sign. This was my dad's fault though, he was looking to the left of him just to see the traffic and before I could say STOP we rear ended a Chevy. Van. Our right side of our front bumper (the chrome part) is all damaged :(. The van's back bumper got couple of scratches and dents (but i didn't see it b/c i had to walk to school then and I was already late). Since there isn't any hope of fixing the chrome bumper of ours, where can we buy one? Dealer is a rip... :crikey: :(

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
hullio said:
today my dad was driving me to school was rear ending someone at a stop sign. This was my dad's fault though, he was looking to the left of him just to see the traffic and before I could say STOP we rear ended a Chevy. Van. Our right side of our front bumper (the chrome part) is all damaged :(. The van's back bumper got couple of scratches and dents (but i didn't see it b/c i had to walk to school then and I was already late). Since there isn't any hope of fixing the chrome bumper of ours, where can we buy one? Dealer is a rip... :crikey: :(

Hullio, what is going on buddy, if i remember correctly this is the second time, with accidents, did you say that your Dad went over the curb and damaged the step board? you need to hurry and get your License ;)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ggeorgie said:
Hullio, what is going on buddy, if i remember correctly this is the second time, with accidents, did you say that your Dad went over the curb and damaged the step board? you need to hurry and get your License ;)
hahahahhahahaahaha :p iunno what's going on anymore lol...but the running board thing was my fault..kind of..b/c i called his cell phone at that time and he was un-aware of the curb b/c he got distracted with my conversation. But do you know anywhere (besides the dealer) where we can get the Chrome plate from?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Boneyard ;)

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Gouch, I don't even know if there is any Madas in a boneyard, junkyard, or any where else, these things are pretty new, and you will be really lucky to find one, I am sorry brother, but if I come across something like this I will let you know ;)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Feel my pain. I was in an old school 1987 Nissan Maxima. Accident. My fault.

Story:

We are on the 15 past Mira Mesa Blvd. Going about 75mph and crusing along with a 9 car length in front of me, I decide to go from Lane 3 to lane 4. With lane 5 being the fast lane. Up ahead comes traffic at about 30mph. After my switch, a Jetta cuts of a brand new 3 series BMW. Leased. Excuse my french but this vashe who freaks out vashes on her breaks and STOPS IN THE FREEWAY.

Now as a Califronian, most of us knows that we slow down but damn I had to break hard on my good ol brand new Midas breaks. I was too late. I tapped her at about 5-10mph.

Heres the power of the Nissan: Dammages on my car, None except a partially dented liscense plate. The dent on the lisc plate is about a a 45 degree angle change in a 3 inch area. Dammages on her car, frew dents and a hole enough to fit a pencil in and scratches nothing a good touch up would do. Turns out due to the lease, she had to replace the whole vashing bumper. Son of a faire. Son of a faire. It costed me about $1,300.

Whos at fault. Stopping in the middle of the freeway or me.

But ill take the blame. In the end, she will get hers :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gh0sT said:
Feel my pain. I was in an old school 1987 Nissan Maxima. Accident. My fault.

Story:

We are on the 15 past Mira Mesa Blvd. Going about 75mph and crusing along with a 9 car length in front of me, I decide to go from Lane 3 to lane 4. With lane 5 being the fast lane. Up ahead comes traffic at about 30mph. After my switch, a Jetta cuts of a brand new 3 series BMW. Leased. Excuse my french but this vashe who freaks out vashes on her breaks and STOPS IN THE FREEWAY.

Now as a Califronian, most of us knows that we slow down but damn I had to break hard on my good ol brand new Midas breaks. I was too late. I tapped her at about 5-10mph.

Heres the power of the Nissan: Dammages on my car, None except a partially dented liscense plate. The dent on the lisc plate is about a a 45 degree angle change in a 3 inch area. Dammages on her car, frew dents and a hole enough to fit a pencil in and scratches nothing a good touch up would do. Turns out due to the lease, she had to replace the whole vashing bumper. Son of a faire. Son of a faire. It costed me about $1,300.

Whos at fault. Stopping in the middle of the freeway or me.

But ill take the blame. In the end, she will get hers :cool:
ouchh...btw, if the driver (we hit) takes the claim with the insurance, that's bad right? I mean my dad insurance will go up won't it? So it's best to do a little private body shop fix..right lol? Also, isn't there like a time limit to make a claim with insurance?

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
hullio said:
ouchh...btw, if the driver (we hit) takes the claim with the insurance, that's bad right? I mean my dad insurance will go up won't it? So it's best to do a little private body shop fix..right lol? Also, isn't there like a time limit to make a claim with insurance?
are the same insurance laws apply in Canada? LOL

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ggeorgie said:
are the same insurance laws apply in Canada? LOL
uumm..so are u going to answer my question lol?

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
hullio said:
uumm..so are u going to answer my question lol?
I will definetly try

ok, if your accident is not serious enough don't take a claim with the Ins. Co., find yourself a body shop and repair it, this way you do not have to deal with Ins. rate increase. I got in an accident in Jan. serious enough to file a claim. the repair cost of my Vehicle was $5300.00, and I do not know what was his. back to your question, I got off the phone with my Ins. Co. and they advised me that the time limit is 30 days, Now this my Ins. Co, and I am not in Canada either, hope this answer your question. Now are you Gonna answer My question LOL ;)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ggeorgie said:
I will definetly try

ok, if your accident is not serious enough don't take a claim with the Ins. Co., find yourself a body shop and repair it, this way you do not have to deal with Ins. rate increase. I got in an accident in Jan. serious enough to file a claim. the repair cost of my Vehicle was $5300.00, and I do not know what was his. back to your question, I got off the phone with my Ins. Co. and they advised me that the time limit is 30 days, Now this my Ins. Co, and I am not in Canada either, hope this answer your question. Now are you Gonna answer My question LOL ;)
lol..i have no clue about insurance laws in Canada, i'm only 14 (15 soon :D) and so I still have a lot to learn lol. The damage to our Armada wasn't much, the chrome plate in front hit and bent and the right side, and very little dent on the fog light part too. My guess is around $1,000-$1,500 max CAD.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
hullio said:
lol..i have no clue about insurance laws in Canada, i'm only 14 (15 soon :D) and so I still have a lot to learn lol. The damage to our Armada wasn't much, the chrome plate in front hit and bent and the right side, and very little dent on the fog light part too. My guess is around $1,000-$1,500 max CAD.
here in the US insurance companies are like sharks waiting for an opportunity to raise the insurance rate , and they will do that in a heart beat. I learned my lesson LOL,
P.S start working on that lic. LOL

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
hullio said:
If the owner owns the car, the private shop, is always best. Money underneath the table is always best.

If you do go though insurence, your probably gonna have to pay a hell of a lot for nothing.

IF the car is leased, then you have to go though the insurence, unless your parents gotta a couple thousand around for our mestakes :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gh0sT said:
If the owner owns the car, the private shop, is always best. Money underneath the table is always best.

If you do go though insurence, your probably gonna have to pay a hell of a lot for nothing.

IF the car is leased, then you have to go though the insurence, unless your parents gotta a couple thousand around for our mestakes :mad:
we own the armada, but i'm not sure about the other driver

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gh0sT said:
Its all about that other driver then
this is probably the most annoying thing, the accident happened on Thursday and we're willing to pay the damage of the oth driver, but she doesn't seem to care. I guess this is good, b/c she isn't calling us, we need her decision if she's going with insurance or not...btw she has a '97 Chevy Van and I guess she doesn't mind the minor damage...iunno lol..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts