Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a few brake jobs my Nissan dealer call ed me on Thursday to tell me my new updated brake was in. I dropped the car off on Friday morning at 0700. At 1030 the called me to tell me my car was done and i could pick it up. I did not have a ride to the dealer until this morning so I picked it up around 1000. The ride hope seemed fine brakes worked great. So my wife takes the car to the store for a few errands and when she returns she tells me it's making a weird clicking noise while braking. So Get in and take it for a sipn to see if I can recreate the noise. Just as my wife said there was noise allright a LOUD POPPING noise from the rear brakes just as the car comes to a stop. I get on the phone and tell the dealer whats going on and head back down there. When I get there I was well taken care of. They quickley drove my car in back to look at it. Approx 20 minutes later my advisor tells me that the noise I'm hearing is the same noise that they have a TSB for (the rear hub clicking TSB). I tell him no way thats not it and ask him if they drove the car. He informs me that the techs drove it in the back, but offers to go on a ride with the tech. We all get in the car and sure enough it makes the loud popping noise. In fact both the advisor and the tech are very suprised and tell me to drive it back so they can look at it again. Well a 1/2 hour passes and my advisor returns and say hes sorry but they don't know what wrong and says they need to keep the car till Monday. He sets me up with a rental and I leave............... The popping only happens under braking. It get louder as you come closer to a stop. It comes from the rear brakes that were serviced when they did the brake update. Anyone have a clue what it could be? I figure the tech who did the update screwed up something. I just so fed up with this car. I'ts like a women Love/Hate. Love the power hate the issues. I know i can Lemon Law the car but it's such a hassle. I have done it before on a chevy but i don't want to be back a square one again. :( Oh well we will have to see what happens. At least i have vented

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
meyers7j - did the dealer ever figure out the problem? I'm assuming this was Performance Nissan in Duarte; who was your advisor?

Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts