Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Running Boards painted and Burtman's Rear Spoiler

I just got the running boards painted to match the body color, in my case silver. I got it done for $300 at Apex auto body, Huntington Beach, CA

They had to remove the running boards from the truck then remove the black step pads , then paint and reassemble.

I like it....Let me know what you think.

I think they should of come this way from the factory.

I also put on the new rear spoiler from Burtman Industries. Looks great.

Check out the pics...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Well, those look good! ;) I keep seeing that spoiler an not wanting to like it but still finding myself liking it.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Get out of my head Borg type. Triple Piccard out.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
In the picture of the rear it looks like your brake light is a vertical strip...Am I seeing things? or is that just from the camera and pic?

BTW...the steps look good... I am planning on getting mine painted along w/ the cargo rails on roof.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
pdiddy,
I wanted the mudflaps as well , but the body shop said there is too much flex and the paint would not last over 2 years. He said he put a flex agent into it, but said the raod grime would eat away the paint on it , so it did not get them done. The body shop did recomment getting the QX56 mudflaps , because they are rigid and solid and dont flex as much as the Armada version.

It took the shop a day to do it. I drove around with no running boards for a day. It wasnt too bad.

05blizz...
That is weird how the sun in the pic made the tail lights come out as a strip. Oh well......tricky things and a lame photographer are to blame.

Got alot of inspiration from the all black armada (armagdn) on here.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I installed my Burtman's spoiler too!

I love this thing! The moment I saw it I knew that is exactly what this truck needs. I always felt like the rear roof dropped off too quickly. Installation was a snap - it took longer to get the backing off the 4 pieces of 3M tape than to actually install the spoiler. Once the tape was off, I just basically eyeballed it and used my fingers to make sure it was pretty even - then just pushed it into place. Looks good to me. Jason was super quick to respond and the whole transaction went very well. I saw a cheaper unit on eBay but felt safer dealing with Burtman's. Here are some pics of my Smoke LE. Burtman's should be selling a ton of these.

Jason - if you are listening - how about hooking us up with an already painted - easy to install fender flares kit like on the QX56?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I think the spoiler does keep it a bit cleaner but I have only had it on for a few days. That has been a pet peeve of mine from day one, the back glass and bumper attact dirt and dust like magnet. So even a little improvement will be good. As for the exhaust, I hated the factory pipe so bought a chrome tip at Advance auto parts for 25 bucks. It has 3 bolts to tighten it on - plus since the beginning of tip was painted black, I bought hi-heat paint and painted the rest of my exhaust (that was visible) all black. I think it looks so much better and total cost was 30 bucks with paint. If ever needed, I would consider one of those Borla exhaust systems - but for right now I am good. Thanks for the comments!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.