Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it goings guys,

My name is Eric, and I wanted to introduce myself.

Ive been in the market for an Armada for quite sometime now.

Well, when I officially made my decision on getting one. I Shopped for 2 weeks having absolutely no luck.

I simply wanted a fair payoff on my trade in (2004 Lancer Evolution) and a Basic SE w/ Bose stereo package option.

After dealing with offers like 21k trade in value (making me 6 thousand upside down) I really though I wasnt gonna be an owner of this amazing SUV.

Anyhow, after receiving a call from Douglas NISSAN of ORANGE, Ca.

I must say, out of the 20+ cars I have bought, this was utterly the most simple purchase I have ever gone through.

Here is what I got, and please give me some feedback as to ..was it a good deal or not?

2005 Deep water Blue Armade LE
Bose stereo
Tow package
Splash guards
heated seats
auto liftgate
Leather
Floormats

They gave me 26,000 trade in value for my car (vice verse to 21k) and I got the car for 35,700 + Tax and License (w/ the 2000 rebate nissan gives)

Finance 38,857 w/ the 1000 negative equity in my car.

I pay 651.00 for 72 months 6.79 interest rate.

What do you think?

Last but not least, It may come as a weird question..

But how many miles are you getting to a full tank? My evo would average about 210-230 miles out of a full tank..and it had a 13 gallon tank.

Thanks again...

-Eric

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. You got what you wanted: fair trade value, good price on the truck with a higher level trim. They got what they wanted, they sold an expensive truck during the GM/Ford/ employee discount time, and they will make some money from the 6 yr financing.

We get about 13.5mpg, but never use all 28 gallons in the tank. Maybe 300 miles before a fillup?

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Sounds like they got you a little with the financing. I got mine for the same $ a month for 5 years instead of 6 years with $10k down on a $48k sticker. Took the 2% financing instead of the rebate. Maybe this wasn't an option for you.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Sounds like they got you a little with the financing. I got mine for the same $ a month for 5 years instead of 6 years with $10k down on a $48k sticker. Took the 2% financing instead of the rebate. Maybe this wasn't an option for you.
but look!! 35,700 plus taxes came to a 38,000 dollars!!! one of the dealers is offering me 36,900 on a LE 05 4x4. guess i have to keep looking and pushing for a more fair price right? :D

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
oh! and WELCOME to the site... althou... seems u did not give a down payment right? cuz with that financing for 6% and 72 months 670 a month? that is way too much for me. as i saw on edmunds car payment shud not be more than 20% of ur income including insurance, all this is based in a month. but as long as ur happy with ur new baby at home the rest can be done. :D

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
inf3rno said:
but look!! 35,700 plus taxes came to a 38,000 dollars!!! one of the dealers is offering me 36,900 on a LE 05 4x4. guess i have to keep looking and pushing for a more fair price right? :D
Invoice on a base LE is $35k. Same as his.
He didn't say he got 4x4, or Tech, or NAV, or DVD, which I have.
My sticker was $9k more than his when its said and done. Mine taxes and tags came to $46k. Same deal on the price, however...

He took the rebate, I took the 2% financing. We financed about the same amount (2k less for me). We are paying the same amount each month. I am paying for one year less. I got mine when '05 first came out. He got his when they are clearing the lots for '06. In the end I saved about $6k vs his deal after adjusting for the $2k difference in amount financed. I'd say that's hosed. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
inf3rno said:
Your deal is different. You have an LE. That is a good price for an LE with no additional options and 4x4. Invoice on that is $38k. Your guy is unloading it for basically dealer price. If you can get the 2%, take it and run. :D

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
92TripleBlack said:
Your deal is different. You have an LE. That is a good price for an LE with no additional options and 4x4. Invoice on that is $38k. Your guy is unloading it for basically dealer price. If you can get the 2%, take it and run. :D
wow, hosed eh? jumping the gun a little dont you think?

This is the way I looked at it,

My MSRP on my Armada was 40,580.00 + Tax and License

My trade in was only worth 21,000 (even appraised at Carmax)

They gave me 26,000 for my trade ( I owed 27,000) , Gave me the car for 37,580 - 2,000 rebate = 35,580+ tax and license and 1,000 negative equity.
I put down 1500.00, and I took the 2,000 cause to have an affordable payment..I had to go 72 months. Which eliminated Nissans special on 2% financing.

I think I would have fell in the lines of being as you called it "Hosed", if I had paid MSRP + tax and license and went 6,000 negative on my car :3d_049:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
AdvanceXArmarda said:
wow, hosed eh? jumping the gun a little dont you think?

This is the way I looked at it,

My MSRP on my Armada was 40,580.00 + Tax and License

My trade in was only worth 21,000 (even appraised at Carmax)

They gave me 26,000 for my trade ( I owed 27,000) , Gave me the car for 37,580 - 2,000 rebate = 35,580+ tax and license and 1,000 negative equity.
I put down 1500.00, and I took the 2,000 cause to have an affordable payment..I had to go 72 months. Which eliminated Nissans special on 2% financing.

I think I would have fell in the lines of being as you called it "Hosed", if I had paid MSRP + tax and license and went 6,000 negative on my car :3d_049:
Whoops, missed it. I stand corrected. You made up the difference in the trade-in. ;) :chillpill

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
inf3rno said:
oh! and WELCOME to the site... althou... seems u did not give a down payment right? cuz with that financing for 6% and 72 months 670 a month? that is way too much for me. as i saw on edmunds car payment shud not be more than 20% of ur income including insurance, all this is based in a month. but as long as ur happy with ur new baby at home the rest can be done. :D

How ever talk to the bnk that financed you and tell them you want to split your ptmnt in two (if you can). Pay every two weeks. I do this and will pay the car off faster. At 1st I didn't get it but when I rec'vd my 1st bank statement I saw how much was going to intrest and what was going to the principle. Then doing the calculations I saw what will happen in the future. Congrats on the new MADA. BTW You get more on the hwy if going a steady pace and long distance BUT IN THE CITY!! 4 get it. I drove from MD to Springfeild ,MO and got 434 on a full tank before fillup. staedy poace of 75-80 no more. Will be adding a Cat back dual (one Sideed) system and doing the airbox MOD.

K :cool:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Got taken on the financing...

Man, I don't know what you can do now but you got taken more than a little on the financing. If you paid $38,8K with 6.79% for 72 months, you should not be paying more than $585 a month. I have been looking for some time also and you need to go to any banks financial calculators. I punched in $40k at 6.79, 72 months and get less than $600 a month. $70 extra a month for 74 months is...$5180 extra on the life of the loan. That's extra cash your just giving them. Always look at the numbers they are dealing, not the payment they throw at you and have a good idea what the payment would be on a certain $ figure ahead of time. Good luck in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I put it into excel and calculated 658.56 with the numbers he gave?

I haven't been shopping for a while so I don't know if that is the typical interest rate right now or not. It seems high, I was thinking typical rates were less than 6% still but I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
hes getting high payment cuz he did not gave anything for downpayment. im seeking to buy LE 4x4, and tripleblack ur right my invoice is 38k with 4x4 sunroof pkg. im planning to give 10 down.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stupid is..is stupid does

JanMan13 said:
Man, I don't know what you can do now but you got taken more than a little on the financing. If you paid $38,8K with 6.79% for 72 months, you should not be paying more than $585 a month. I have been looking for some time also and you need to go to any banks financial calculators. I punched in $40k at 6.79, 72 months and get less than $600 a month. $70 extra a month for 74 months is...$5180 extra on the life of the loan. That's extra cash your just giving them. Always look at the numbers they are dealing, not the payment they throw at you and have a good idea what the payment would be on a certain $ figure ahead of time. Good luck in the future.
Dont know what finance calculater you have, but I'd recommend checking the batteries :confused:

the payment is right on dot with mine, thanks for the advice anyways.

Just got back from Vegas with the Mada, and I got a whopping 384.00 miles to a full tank in 117 degree weather and a/c blowing full blast most of the time. :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts