Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow,
So far I love this vehicle.... Amazing....

just f.y.i., I paid $33,500 out the door, SE, white, grey leather. No dvd, no nav, but a great price and I hope to add those items later. That leads me to my next questions.

Any suggestions on adding DVD to the rear?? and will it be able to be hooked up to the audio controls to have seperate audio??
I had one place offer me one that fits in the factory slot for $1100 installed but audio has to run through an fm mod.
I thought I would save the $1600 price from the dealer and do it later, maybe that wasn't such a hot idea, lol.

Your ideas are appreciated.

BTW, do you people use super unleaded all the time??
Is there really any difference, I mean this isn't a high performance car... do you get better gas mileage or more hp??

Thanks so much for your responses.
:D

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Oh, there is a whole can 'o worms on that gas question. I've been running 87 (regular) all but 1/2 a tank and everythings running fine. Congrats on your new Armada. It is amazing how well they drive. Just shows you that new technology is being applied! There is a thread lurking about on hooking up DVD. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Heat welcome to the Club.
Don't let them do a fm modulator. Check the link in my signature for how to hook up to the factory audio. It's hit and miss if you will have the factory prewired harness which makes it easy. If you don't you can go to the effort of adding the wires to the harness that plugs into the back of the HU. At a minimum I would connect to the back of the AUX jack and put in a P.I.E amp, then get a RF headphone system. If you look at the sticky on the interior mods section there are a couple of links to places to get the amp and great prices on DVD systems.

Just go with super unleaded fuel. I've seen several news reports where they have done testing and there is no benefit in a higher octane fuel than what the engine is designed for.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
I will check it out.

btw, what about this brake/rotor problem...
Have all of you had this problem??

My Mada was built in 4/05 and I'm hoping it was corrected by then....

your input again is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Heat03 said:
Thanks,
I will check it out.

btw, what about this brake/rotor problem...
Have all of you had this problem??

My Mada was built in 4/05 and I'm hoping it was corrected by then....

your input again is appreciated.

there has been NO official line change for brake parts. they are only fixed once you take your car in a bunch of times. we have about 7K miles on our late 04 and have been in 3 times for brake issues. the newer rotors were finally ordered but we were told it will be 4 to 6 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I had 6k when mine warped. I now have 11k and they said that I have 75% of the pad remaining and I have no hint of judder yet. I hope this set last until the end of my 3yr warranty and then I get a new set then....kind of like a free tank of gas, you'll want to be empty when you collect.:)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow,
I hope I don't have those kind of problems....
we shall see
other than that, truck is excellent ???

Am I sure to have this brake problem too???

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does every single truck have this problem??? or is it just hit and miss...

If the rotors are too small, then I guess every single truck should have the same problem, I mean everyone needs to stop lol

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for newb questions, i'm sure you've discussed this 1000 times but
I only have 500 miles on the Mada and now i'm concerned.

Is there a fix for this brake issue?
are the rotors too small? is that the problem
can't they just install bigger ones or high perf. ones??

thanks.
:confused:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Just search for "brakes" for about 3 days worth of reading regarding brakes. :)

The short answer is yes, a lot of people have brake issues. There is a permanent fix out, but as of now they're ramping up production and parts are still kind of hard to get. They've extended the brake warranty 3 years/unlimited miles from the time of last repair.

I have the permanent fix and the brakes are great. Probably 90% less dust than before and the feel is terrific. You may have to head to the dealer a few times, but you'll get lined out if you have problems.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
what does out the door include

I looking at the same truck. Does 33,500 include tax, title, & license? Do you have the tow package?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To be honest with you, I don't really know if I have the tow package. It was total $33,500 including tax, I only had to pay the tax on the difference from my trade of $27,000. The total for the car was $33,000 plus about $500-$600 in bs charges. I also kept my old tag and saved on tag fees. Also keep in mind that it was my third purchase from that dealer in the last 3 years..

I am fully in love with the truck.... My advice, go get one and just negotiate as much as you can.

Again, it's a SE, leather, No nav or DVD.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Go for it.
I traded a perfectly good FX-35 for this beast. As soon as I drove it, I couldn't resist either.

Good luck either way.... You may get a much better deal on an 05 instead of 06... better when you sell it later too, less mileage since it is late in 05 already.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Heat03 said:
To be honest with you, I don't really know if I have the tow package.
Look on dash right above the shifter (low on the dash) if you have Tow Mode button then I think you would have tow package. Not positive, on this, just a best guess. The button would be right next to the traction control switch (VDC?) button.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes,
There is a button for "tow mode". I will never use it and I did not buy the truck to tow anything, lol.
I just liked that it was big and tough looking.
Again, for $33,500, I couldn't say no. I traded an infiniti FX-35 which I did love very much, but I am truly happy with my Mada.... Lets just hope for no major brake problems.lol

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I've only had my Armada about 7 weeks, but already have 5,000 miles on it.
Our last 2 SUVs were Mercedes, but this one is in a different class altogether.

What has impressed me is the engineering all over the Armada to give you features that you will actually use regularly. Storage everywhere, power lift gate, etc., etc..

We looked at the Mercedes and the Touareg which are both great SUVs with beautiful interiors. BUT, again, they are full of features, but not ones you use every day and there is no comparison in the space and convenience, not to mention the ease of use of the 3rd row seats.

On our last trip to the mountains it dawned on us that if the Armada were as plush as the others it wouldn't feel like our "Adventure-Mobile". Corny, but true.

Good luck, brake problems and all.

Allen

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Allen,
I only have 900 miles on mine. Since you are at 5000, have you had this brake problem yet??
Maybe in the later 05 models, this has been corrected??
Mine was not built until 4/05... hopefully that will help lol

BTW, I traded an 04 FX 35 for the beast and no regrets...yet
Will see if this brake thing becomes an issue...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts