Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know the cheapest place to get a K&N drop in filter?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
You can go to Autozone or Advanced Auto they will get you one for about 40 I think thats what they wanted when I price them a while back. You might look into one of the Fram Air Hog filters as well. I was thinking about getting one until I got a good deal on a Volant intake. Should get it sometime this week. Can't wait.
M4ck

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
kurt78 said:
anyone know the cheapest place to get a K&N drop in filter?
the cheapest if found it for is $37.94 + free shipping!

FYI.....this is the drop in K&N insert.

K&N Filter for $37.94

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I'm interested in putting the charger in mine, but wonder what real hp/torque gains I can expect...if any...and what the dealer's reaction will be with regards to warranty. If it's easy to swap out...I may just install it (assuming I get enough feedback that the additional performance is worth the expense) and then...if I need warranty service...just put the original filter back in before the trip to the dealer. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
i finally got my K&N drop in filter to replace the OEM filter.

here are my finds:

• adds a deeper sound to the engine
  • much better throttle respnse during take off
  • as far as gas mileage, i won't know for a few hundred miles - i'll keep you posted
  • overall, it's a great engine mod. the stock filter really constricted the flow of air through the engine, the K&N definately opens it up and the truck breaths alot better!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
MacFly said:
thx bro! but i'm not too handy with the dremmel! if someone near LA is handy like that, hit me up maybe i can get a helping hand! :D
anyone in the LA area handy with a dremmel?! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
MacFly
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing