Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an issue with a key fob that it stopped working entirely. Changed battery, but same issue. So out of curiosity, I left the top half of the fob off and pressed the buttons and viola, worked without an issue. The second I 'snap' the top half of the fob back on the remote stops working. I pry it open, it works again. I figured it was stressing a point of contact somewhere but can't find any issues.

2nd key fob has been working fine, but then just stopped the other day. Now we have the EXACT same issue on that second one. It works fine when the fob is separated and we leave the top of the housing off, but the second we snap it closed it stopped working again. This happened to both within the course of a month. I can't see any stress points and it literally is making NO sense to me why this is happening. If I had hair it would be getting pulled out about now.

Any ideas? Both fobs seem to work fine until they are physically snapped shut.

·
Administrator
6,551 Posts
get new fobs. seems they have been stressed to a point they no longer function normally.

you can apply pressure yourself whilst the cover is off and see if you can find out where the issue really is, but its probably better to just get new ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get new fobs. seems they have been stressed to a point they no longer function normally.

you can apply pressure yourself whilst the cover is off and see if you can find out where the issue really is, but its probably better to just get new ones.
Sadly, I'm thinking the same. What's really odd is that it only happens when I snap the FOB shut. I can press and flex it in my hand without issue until that last little "snap" happens when you close it. I just hate spending money on key fobs :)

·
Administrator
6,551 Posts
i TOTALLY get you bro and i know you woudl rather try and fix/repair them but I think you may end up pulling your hair out.

it possible the circuit board could be cracked or stressed somewhere. i dont recall seeing someone asking about how to repair these on this forum.

if you dont care to have the "nissan" logo on the fob, you can find some for about 20 bux...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts