Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to retrive cracked leather or is it that once it's cracked, it's cracked... :machinegu

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
hullio said:
is there any way to retrive cracked leather or is it that once it's cracked, it's cracked... :machinegu
Yes. There is kits that will patch the leather. http://www.leathermagic.com/Secure/eCommerce/Catalog.asp?prdc=1
These things will fix it but most times you can see the repair. It will stop it from cracking more. Question is, why is your leather cracking after less than 2 years.
I'd see if it was covered by warranty first.
Second, I'd ask what you are doing to clean and maintain the leather.

To properly care for leather, you want to use first plain fresh water. Wipe with water to remove stains. Second, use leather treatment products like Meguires leather wipes. These nourish the leather keeping it supple an pliant and not hardening making it crack easliy. Then last, don't use Armor-all or other silicon based cleaners on anything in your car. They magnify sunlight causing dryrot and attracting dust. Its like putting a magnifying glass on an ant. Your car would last far longer doing nothing.

I would do the repair kit, use the wipes, and maybe get some wet okole seat covers. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought some leather conditoning towel thingy's lol..i hope they'll restore a little bit of the leather

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and yes it is cracking for some reason...i have a grey interior and i'm starting to see that on the driver's seat the leather is cracking real badly and that i can see white stuff (like the grey is fading away)..it's weird...what kind of warranty is there? i never knew...we didn't get the package which our dealer was offering us, which was some leather protectant...and we never use any leather products on the Armada and it has been a whole year now..we have never used any type of leather cleaner on our old Pathfinder and its seats never cracked :confused: weirdd...

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
You need to always treat your leather to help prolong it.

I've been using the Lexol cleaner and the conditioner for MANY years. Our local Mercedes dealer also uses it on their cars.

-6yr old 4Runner below:

Some others treated with Lexol.

S2k:

Q45:

The cleaner is in the orange bottle/jug and the cond. is in the brown bottle/jug.
I haven't tried the spray version yet.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Lexol is excellent stuff. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where can i buy this Lexol stuff? Besides the Internet, Canadian Tire or something?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Sounds like if your drivers seat is cracking that bad, you need to:
1) Lose weight, fatty, let the taco bell grande go!
2) Stop farting and take away some of that extra heat!
3) Start drinking fat free water!
4) Use Lexol
All merely suggestions

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Armada Brotha said:
Sounds like if your drivers seat is cracking that bad, you need to:
1) Lose weight, fatty, let the taco bell grande go!
2) Stop farting and take away some of that extra heat!
3) Start drinking fat free water!
4) Use Lexol
All merely suggestions
umm..right... :huh: ..i just asked where i can buy it

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Try Advance auto parts. ;)

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
My dealer sells it, also available at every auto part store local or national. I see it at stores such as Walmart, K-mart and most grocery stores in their limited auto parts isle. Very easy to find in the states, don't know about Canada. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crash4444 said:
My dealer sells it, also available at every auto part store local or national. I see it at stores such as Walmart, K-mart and most grocery stores in their limited auto parts isle. Very easy to find in the states, don't know about Canada. Hope this helps.
Thanks man...i'll try Wal-Mart...they sell everything and anythingg...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts