Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I purchased the YITAMOTOR H8 LED 60W 6000k bulbs off AMazon for $15. I was trying to match the factory headlamps for color.

https://www.amazon.com/YITAMOTOR-Chipsets-Driving-1500Lumen-Projection/dp/B01HO8TLVE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488591088&sr=8-1&keywords=yitamotor+h8+led+6000k

Best $15 upgrade available for the 2nd gen Armada by far. Total install time 5 minutes for both. All that is needed is to crawl under the front bumper and rotate where fog light bulb fits into the fog light housing by 90 degrees. Then replace bulb by pulling on tab and removing bulb then replace with the LED bulb. Return bulb into housing until slots slides in then rotate 90 degrees to tighten. Done.

Use the amazon.com not amazon.ca for the $15 price. just search "yitamotor h8 led 6000k"

Pics are before, after one bulb, and after both.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
uffrank1-I ordered the same bulbs. Going to put them in along with the rest of the interior LED replacements.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I bought these too. Installed them in 5 minutes. So glad I did. They look way better than the stock bulbs and match the headlights perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Thanks for the post. I was looking to do the same LED upgrade. This helped me find the right bulbs. Just ordered them.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I am curious -- How bright are these LEDs in relation to the factory fog lights? And how well do they cover the ground area in relation to the factory fogs? Are they just for looks, or do they offer performance improvement?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I am curious -- How bright are these LEDs in relation to the factory fog lights? And how well do they cover the ground area in relation to the factory fogs? Are they just for looks, or do they offer performance improvement?
At that price, you do not expect a lot of useful light. It is more for looks. I have those on my Maxima, just with more leds than what is shown in that pic. The light from that led bulb is scattered on the floor, while the oem fog is more even and focused.

My QX, which is same as the 2017, I bought some very bright fog leds from ebay that some people buy and use as headlights. My fogs are very bright, more focused and very useful light as much as the headlights.

I had only my fogs driving some back roads in the Hill Country of San Antonio and had people flashing their lights as if I had my high beams on.

If you want very bright and useful light, there are tons of real fog leds that would give you as much light as your current headlights.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Thanks for the post. I was looking to do the same LED upgrade. This helped me find the right bulbs. Just ordered them.
Just installed them. Match the headlight great. They are plenty bright for fog lights. Simple and easy install. Just reached right up under the front cowl, twist light socket, replace, twist and done. Simple. Took one minute on each. Only tool needed was a flashlight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
How are these holding up? Just bought a 17 Armada and I want the fogs to match the headlights. One would think this would be standard these days, but I guess not.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I tried the Yitamotor $15 ones noted in the first post but they didn't work. Plugged them in an no light. In a way, I'm glad they didn't as it forced me to do more research. Here's the short answer: I ordered a set of Beamtechs from Amazon for $35 (BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh H8 H9 CSP Chips Conversion Kit) and they work fine. So, what I learned was that H8, H9 and H11 all essentially have the same connector. The difference is the wattage when these are halogen bulbs. Since we're switching to LED, going with the largest/brightest version, H11, is fine as it will still pull less power than a halogen and still won't cause any overheating issues. I also learned that the Armada isn't CANBUS so you don't need the expensive kits, just LED bulbs with the H8/9/11 plug.

In terms of how these look, they are a definite upgrade to the original halogens. No more white up top from my headlights and yellow on the bottom from my fog lights - white all around now. Since I did opt for the a higher output LED bulb (these could be used for low-beam), the fogs sort of seem brighter than my headlights. However, I think that is also a function of the fog light housings not being optimized for LED bulbs like the headlight lowbeams are (the high beams are halogen bulbs). In any case, it does look a lot better having the lows and fogs be white and the new fog bulbs definitely provide plenty of low and wide light coverage.

For $35 and about 10 mins of time, I'm really happy with them.

Now I'll just have to decide if/when to replace the high beam bulbs to be LEDs even though I really never use them...

Reactions: omegafiler

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
You're welcome. I also forgot to mention, you only need to reach under and around to access the fog light bulbs. No need to unscrew any of the plastic underneath. It's not a ton of room and you pretty much have to lay down, but not a big deal (IMO). Good luck!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
For safety, these types of bulbs must be installed in a projector housing with a cutoff line, or you'll blind oncoming traffic equivalent to running your brights 100% of the time plus the normal low beams.

Most fog light housings do not have a projector design or a cutoff line, as they weren't designed for use as headlamps. You can buy projector housings and custom fit them to your Armada, but its a lot more than a 5 min upgrade. The end result is four low beams instead of two low beams and two high beams.

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
Peer pressure :)

so this thread got me interested in updating the LED fog lamps on my ride. i went and picked up these jokers:

CougarMotor LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - H11 (H8, H9) -7,200Lm 6000K Cool White CREE - 3 Year Warranty
Amazon ASIN: B01H6NZ7D8

no need to modify or cut anything. truly plug and play.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Curious if anyone has found chrome fog light covers. I have seen these trim pieces for the patrol (which are different) and the titan but can not find them for the 2nd gen armada.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Hi, I’m a proud new owner of a 2017Armada Platinum with15k miles. I want to install led fog light bulbs. It appears that I want an h11 bulb, but is there a specific plug that I need or are they all the same? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
There are examples in this thread on what others have used. Not all fog lamps are rthe same. Go with the examples in this thread and you cant go wrong.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I am looking for a good pair of fog light bulbs. I have replaced them every year with a brand from Amazon that doesn't exist anymore and need something new.
I use Sylvania Silverstar headlights which are around 4000K on the color scale - I am looking for something that matches that color closely and will hopefully last more that a year.

Not really looking to spend 3 figures on these but open to suggestions on headlight / fog light packages or ideas.

I don't need them for actual light on the road - just to look good and match the headlights.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts