Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just read everyone's posts and i couldn't help myself. i went straight to amazon and bought the beamtech's. can't wait for them to come in. i'll definitely post pics once i get them.

I installed the fog lights last night. Huge difference. super easy to install. took about 10 minutes total. First pic is with the driver side installed. second is both new bulbs installed.Very happy. IMG_7678.jpg IMG_7679.jpg

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you're doing this mod for strictly looks and aesthetics that's fine. I get it, you want you're light temperatures to match. But you're defeating the purpose and design of fog lights, ultimately hurting the ability of the light to do what they're designed for.

Yellow/Amber fogs are the preferred temperature for fogs because of the ability to "cut through" particulates, fog, snow, and rain suspended in the air. This has to do with those temperatures of light having a longer wavelength.This is well known in the off-road community and those that frequently drive in adverse weather conditions. Rally cars, desert racers, and professional drivers all have different temperatures of lights mounted on their vehicles to be ready for any condition. Many off-road lights and LED bars now come with interchangeable lens colors depending on driving conditions. Yellow/Amber have also been shown in numerous studies to be less stressful to your eyes and aid in keeping your brain fresh to process whats in front of you.

I just don't want there to be any misconception that you are doing this mod to "improve" the actual function or design of the light. There is a reason that $100k luxury vehicles still come with yellow/amber fogs.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Big Al - what type of headlight bulb do you have in there? It seems to match the fog lights pretty well. Also - is there any cut off effect or do those fog lights "spray" light all over? I am worried that that with no cut off they will be obnoxious.

OBX - I hear you. I don't know about others but I am just looking for fog lights that will last longer than a year and match the color/temp of the headlight. I cannot stand different light colors, my house all matches anywhere you can see light from another room. All about looks for me.

I do find that in snow the headlight just create a blinding effect - but with no way to turn on just the fog lights, would yellowish fogs still make a difference in the snow with the low beams still creating a white out?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Strictly for aesthetics for me. I couldn't get passed having different colored lights. Plus my wife is the primary driver and she reminds me every time we see another armada that she wants them changed. Happy wife, happy life. If we have severe weather, the armada stays in the garage and we take the wrangler.

I bought them from Amazon. They were $29 when I bought them, gone up a little. I haven't driven it at night yet. My wife said she didn't notice a difference while she was driving.

BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh H8 H9 CSP Chips Conversion Kit

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I have fully replaced the fog lights with Osram F1 LED.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll second the Cougar Motors LED's..... But as been stated prior, to go LED for dogs, you need a projector housing. Got pulled over quite a bit and don't really use them unless the excess light is really needed as they seem like another low beam. That being said, QUITE a HUGE difference in use! I've posted a pic in another thread.... But here it is again!

·
Registered
76 Posts
My drivers fog light has never worked, traced it down to a bad pigtail. Picked one up from local parts store, everything works well now, I was wondering if anyone has used the H11 bulb for better visibility. We rarely have fog here, but sometimes on country roads it is best to light the road as much as possible because of deer etc.
Let me know what you think and thanks...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I couldn't get them to fit, they look slightly wider at the base where the 3 marks for the twist lock them in. Mebbe I wasn't holding my tongue just right!?

I'm just happy to have 2 working right now. Drivers side has never worked. All good though, just want something brighter almost like driving lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed them. Match the headlight great. They are plenty bright for fog lights. Simple and easy install. Just reached right up under the front cowl, twist light socket, replace, twist and done. Simple. Took one minute on each. Only tool needed was a flashlight.
Thank you for the pics, just ordered them! :)

I installed a multi color led high beam and fog lights. You dont have to change your low beam it is pretty good already.
Nice, looks cool. Is it legal though?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts