Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
iunno about u but i like the sporty orange colour decor lighting inside the Armada. What i really want is LED's for the tail lights..is there any1 out there with any info. regarding the tail lights?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
121 Posts
hullio said:
iunno about u but i like the sporty orange colour decor lighting inside the Armada. What i really want is LED's for the tail lights..is there any1 out there with any info. regarding the tail lights?
Do a search for leds. All the info you want is there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Considering making some myself

hullio said:
iunno about u but i like the sporty orange colour decor lighting inside the Armada. What i really want is LED's for the tail lights..is there any1 out there with any info. regarding the tail lights?
The QX56's won't work. No back up light and I think I've read they are a little bit off in dimensions (don't know about that). So I've been contacting LED manufacturers and injection molding companies to put together a prototype. I'll probably buy a set of Armada tail lights take them apart, mod the original housing have a replacement board built for the LED's and install it back into the modded housing and put the lens back on and see how they work. I can also get the lenses done in all clear or all smoke as well too, so that might be an option. If I come up with a good prototype, I'll post pics and see what everyone thinks. How much do you think your dad would pay for them?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
154 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
The QX56's won't work. No back up light and I think I've read they are a little bit off in dimensions (don't know about that). So I've been contacting LED manufacturers and injection molding companies to put together a prototype. I'll probably buy a set of Armada tail lights take them apart, mod the original housing have a replacement board built for the LED's and install it back into the modded housing and put the lens back on and see how they work. I can also get the lenses done in all clear or all smoke as well too, so that might be an option. If I come up with a good prototype, I'll post pics and see what everyone thinks. How much do you think your dad would pay for them?
I think cool_armada already changed out his tail lights with the QX tail lights. Check it out under Media Posts/Pictures... I think I have the pic attached also. lets see if it works
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
The QX56's won't work. No back up light and I think I've read they are a little bit off in dimensions (don't know about that). So I've been contacting LED manufacturers and injection molding companies to put together a prototype. I'll probably buy a set of Armada tail lights take them apart, mod the original housing have a replacement board built for the LED's and install it back into the modded housing and put the lens back on and see how they work. I can also get the lenses done in all clear or all smoke as well too, so that might be an option. If I come up with a good prototype, I'll post pics and see what everyone thinks. How much do you think your dad would pay for them?
How much are the oginal stock tail lights worth?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Tail light price

hullio said:
How much are the oginal stock tail lights worth?
I've got a guy who wants to sell me some from a salvage yard for $250 for the pair. You can get them new online for $300 or so. At the dealer they would cost you about $360 for the pair.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
That answers that.

ksolo83071 said:
I think cool_armada already changed out his tail lights with the QX tail lights. Check it out under Media Posts/Pictures... I think I have the pic attached also. lets see if it works
Answers that question. :crikey:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
No cheap alternatives

inqui-Z-tor said:
Not looking for a replacement LED bulb to fit into current housing. I'm talking about making a completely new housing designed with LED's like the QX, but keeping the current red/white lens. LED backup lights too. Have a manufacturer who can make the lenses for me already (if I choose to produce them). I just have to design a new housing with the LED's. Don't want to be a QX, want to be a 'sick' lookin 'Mada.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top