Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let any of you know who are considering using the Lemon Law in order for Nissan to repurchase your Armada..... Our 04 Armada was in for repair for 32 non-consecutive days. Brakes, air conditioning not cooling, door panels falling off, fabric on back of seat falling off, metal object poking through fabric, plastic piece on back of seat falling off, window switches breaking so windows wouldn't roll up or down, not to mention every squeak and rattle known to mankind qualified for Lemon Law proceedings in CA. Nissan Consumer Affairs was very unhelpful, condescending and simply did not care about our issues. We also own an Altima. Used Better Business Bureau and won our case. It didn't cost us anything to pursue. Nissan must now buy back our Armada at full purchase price and pay us every cent of interest we've paid on our loan. Be guaranteed that this will be the last Nissan we EVER own, simply because of the way Nissan treated us. If you are having similar issues, proceed with Lemon Law.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Just for my info, What are the specifics for the lemon law to be valid in California? What were your problems that could not be fixed? How did the dealer/Nissan treat you during the process? Thanks. Power to the People!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Electrical fire in new 05 armada

I purchased a 05' Armada new in april and in may the truck caught on fire while the key was not even in the ignition. I was able to put the flames out, but I have been struggling with nissan to do something in the past month. My truck is at the dealership and consumer affairs at nissan is no help SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
05armada ga said:
I purchased a 05' Armada new in april and in may the truck caught on fire while the key was not even in the ignition. I was able to put the flames out, but I have been struggling with nissan to do something in the past month. My truck is at the dealership and consumer affairs at nissan is no help SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
consumer affairs???????

contact an attorney ASAP.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see that you live in California. Go to the Better Business Bureau's website. It will guide you through the entire process. Nissan is a participant in their program which means when you fill out the form, they must go to arbitration with you. You present your "case".... what has happened to your vehicle to date. In CA there are 3 things that qualify you to seek a Lemon Law buyback. One is your car must be in the shop for 30 days (non consecutive and it doesn't have to be for the same repair) or two you've had one issue ie: brakes repaired 4 times or more. BBB is very helpful. It took some time and it is a process, but you can do it. If you don't win at that level, you can still take them to court and I would recommend an atty. In arbitration, the arbitrator's decision is binding for Nissan but non-binding for you which is in your favor.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. Nissan Consumer Affair's job is to ensure they don't allow Nissan to lose one red cent, regardless of the customer's satisfaction. Even more frightening is the totally disregard for the lack of the customer's safety.

Contact an atty. as soon as possible and go through the lemon law process.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
The way I see it, if you buy a first year vehicle from any maker, you should expect a few bugs. As long as the manufacturer is willing to correct those within a year or so, which is how long it takes to identify them, no problem. In the mean time, you are the only one with the new vehicle. I waited until year 2 on purpose to avoid this, which as it turns out, I did.

Sure you can file for lemon, but don't bash the vehicle, maker, etc. because you have some rattles or bad brake rotors. Seems like you bought assuming it would be perfect, and when it wasn't, you wanted out and it will scar your decisions about the vehicle and maker going forward. Not fair.

Ridofmyarmada, I haven't heard of anyone having as many problems as you had. Half of them seem to be unique to your rig. AC, door panels, seat plastic and cover problems, etc. are all issues I've never seen before. It also sounds like Nissan is a bad word for you now. Your choice. Any auto maker would have been just as nasty. As for not caring about a customer's safety, I don't think you are correct. You didn't list a single issue on your list that were a safety issue, including the brakes. Warped rotors are not an immediate threat/safety issue, have been fixed under warranty for the life of the vehicle, and as of May a replacement part is available as a permanent fix.

My buddy had a toyota solara that toyota repoed. Problem was, they grabbed the wrong car and were supposed to repossess someone elses solara. By the time he fixed the problem, toyot had sold it at auction and gave him the money they made at auction. They refused to replace the car or give him book value.
He is now sueing them hard. :whip:

Personally, I would get another Armada, an '06 without all the issues. But it seems like you are now using the forum to bash Nissan, which we all pretty much like. I find the company is better than any other I have dealt with including Jeep, Honda, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Toyota, Ford, and Saab. Sorry, but that's the truth. :hmm:

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Amen Brother!! I get irritated when I see all these Lemon Law threads. I know there are some that are in deservance of it....but most are being overly critical of a vehicle that is new to the market...and the size is totally new to the manufacturer. I have seen nothing but willingness from Nissan to fix the problems. In 2000 I bought a Dodge Dakota 4X4 4.7L V8. The brakes in that would warp every time I hit the brakes...and that is barely an exaggeration. So they all have problems....Nissan is fixing theres....Dodge never has fixed there problems.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
When I would take in my 2000 Yukon to GMC for rattles, they were all acknowledged but GMC would not fix any of them. My rear doors squeaked all the time and LOUD. GMC said that is the way the doors are and would not fix it. They did replace a center console that cracked. The front seat upholstery always came loose and they would not fix. AS battery cable rotted at 20,000 miles and they would not fix it. The Pull for the air fell out of under the truck on my way to Cali. Doing 90 and they did fix that 2 months later when the parts came in.

I LOVE my 04' Armada.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Yea - same thing with my GM product

AZARMADA said:
When I would take in my 2000 Yukon to GMC for rattles, they were all acknowledged but GMC would not fix any of them. My rear doors squeaked all the time and LOUD. GMC said that is the way the doors are and would not fix it. They did replace a center console that cracked. The front seat upholstery always came loose and they would not fix. AS battery cable rotted at 20,000 miles and they would not fix it. The Pull for the air fell out of under the truck on my way to Cali. Doing 90 and they did fix that 2 months later when the parts came in.

I LOVE my 04' Armada.
I had a really nice Olds Bravada SUV and when I got all of my warranty info in the mail (after I bought the car) it stated that GM does not cover sqweakes and rattles. With GM, you just have to live with it!!
I also love my 04 Armada.
RA

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
For a $40k car, people are in their right to complain if things aren't right. This isn't a Nissan sentra, in which case you get what you pay for. $40K+ is up there with MBenz, BMW, etc. I have an 04 MBenz ML350 and a 2003 BMW M3, I also had a 2003 Escalade. Hands down, Nissan has shown me the worst customer service--I thought GM was bad.

Nissan is not as good a car company as some of you guys might think. 92TRIPLEBLACK--compared to your list of car makers, I bet for sure Nissan ranks among the highest. You've listed a bunch pretty sorry [american] car companies--actually the worst!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Those of you who think the "common Armada problems are normal and are acceptable" are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Nothing will change until Nissan gets enough heat from unhappy consumers exercising Lemon Law options.

There is absolutley no excuse for the numerous problems with these vehicles and to compare it to North American built vehicles isnt saying much.

In my opinion Nissan rushed this vehicle to market with existing problems they were fully aware of and have changed nothing on the 2005's - not even the crappy brakes??? And we should accept this??....get real.

My truck has been in the shop 24 days so far this year with no end in site. Every 2 weeks new problems appear and I unfortunatley have also started the BBB arbitration proccess. Nissan Canada doesnt seem to care or want to try and resolve the issues.

I love the truck when its not broken, rattling like crazy and in the shop.

I wish they could just fix the damn thing.

My dealer has been great but when is enough enough??

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
bubbagump said:
Those of you who think the "common Armada problems are normal and are acceptable" are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Nothing will change until Nissan gets enough heat from unhappy consumers exercising Lemon Law options.

There is absolutley no excuse for the numerous problems with these vehicles and to compare it to North American built vehicles isnt saying much.

In my opinion Nissan rushed this vehicle to market with existing problems they were fully aware of and have changed nothing on the 2005's - not even the crappy brakes??? And we should accept this??....get real.

My truck has been in the shop 24 days so far this year with no end in site. Every 2 weeks new problems appear and I unfortunatley have also started the BBB arbitration proccess. Nissan Canada doesnt seem to care or want to try and resolve the issues.

I love the truck when its not broken, rattling like crazy and in the shop.

I wish they could just fix the damn thing.

My dealer has been great but when is enough enough??
Not acceptable. However, EVERY first year vehicle has bugs.
I compare it to EVERY full size SUV. The only ones out are US makers. TOYota is not Full Size, it is maybe 7/8 size, and there are no others from Asia or Europe. Even still, the TOYota had the same problems when it first came out.
All the problems were fixed in '05. Lets see: rattles-Gone, squeeks-Gone, rear diff cover-changed, window switch-replaced, bad interior switches-changed, Cabin boom-fixed, DVD monitor rattle-fixed, brakes-changed as soon as new parts were available. I can't think of a single problem that hasn't been corrected by Nissan less than 2 years from initial production.
I have not had any problems except needing my hubs greased. 3 hours of shop time in the better part of a year. Least amount of shop time of any car/truck I've owned since I started buying them 20 years ago.

Sorry, but you must have an '04. Tell the dealer you'll trade it in for an '05 if he makes you the right deal and loose all your problems. :teeth:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I'm sorry I have to kind of agree with Bubbagump...

Even if they correct everything for 06, how in the world does that help us for our 04's and 05's...trade it in and loose $10k... can't do it lol.

I just got mine 3 weeks ago and I have been in the shop 3 times, once yesterday for the first brake problem... and I'm only at 2700 miles lol ouch

I have better things to do with my time than go back and forth to the dealer.

BTW, you all were right.. I got the exact answer on the brakes and I was afraid of... "This will be the first of 3 times they have to resurface the rotors till we can order you the new ones"... I of course tried to raise a little hell, but it did no good. They told me there are 25 people in front of me and by next month they should have a lot of inventory, enough to fix everyones...

But still, 2700 miles and been in the dealer 3 times:

Front door handle got stuck,
bad airbag sensor,
bad abs sensor,
Cat converter had to be replaced,
brakes already resurfaced once,
rattle in the front door (which they could not duplicate)
alignment off, (which they could not duplicate either)
tires had to be re-balanced,
A/C doesn't really blow cold air for about 15 mintues, and even then it ain't cold,
and there is rust on both of the hinges of the rear gate.
OMG... these problems are not normal and certainly not acceptable for a $34,000 NEW truck or any dollar amount new car or truck.. Nissan is not new in the business and really should have had these problems fixed by the 05 models...

Yes, I do love the truck to death also, but please why do I have to keep going back, it's brand new and it's and 05. I thought all of the problems with the 04 would have been fixed already.... what a mistake, I really should have waited for the 06...

I would be glad to help make Nissan aware that there are many upset customers if I knew it would help in the least bit... At least get the new rotors for everyone... they have know about this problem long enough to have new ones produced.. it has been 1 and half years and still a waiting list for rotors??????

just had to vent again :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Heat03 said:
I'm sorry I have to kind of agree with Bubbagump...

Even if they correct everything for 06, how in the world does that help us for our 04's and 05's...trade it in and loose $10k... can't do it lol.

I just got mine 3 weeks ago and I have been in the shop 3 times, once yesterday for the first brake problem... and I'm only at 2700 miles lol ouch

I have better things to do with my time than go back and forth to the dealer.

BTW, you all were right.. I got the exact answer on the brakes and I was afraid of... "This will be the first of 3 times they have to resurface the rotors till we can order you the new ones"... I of course tried to raise a little hell, but it did no good. They told me there are 25 people in front of me and by next month they should have a lot of inventory, enough to fix everyones...

But still, 2700 miles and been in the dealer 3 times:

Front door handle got stuck,
bad airbag sensor,
bad abs sensor,
Cat converter had to be replaced,
brakes already resurfaced once,
rattle in the front door (which they could not duplicate)
alignment off, (which they could not duplicate either)
tires had to be re-balanced,
A/C doesn't really blow cold air for about 15 mintues, and even then it ain't cold,
and there is rust on both of the hinges of the rear gate.
OMG... these problems are not normal and certainly not acceptable for a $34,000 NEW truck or any dollar amount new car or truck.. Nissan is not new in the business and really should have had these problems fixed by the 05 models...

Yes, I do love the truck to death also, but please why do I have to keep going back, it's brand new and it's and 05. I thought all of the problems with the 04 would have been fixed already.... what a mistake, I really should have waited for the 06...

I would be glad to help make Nissan aware that there are many upset customers if I knew it would help in the least bit... At least get the new rotors for everyone... they have know about this problem long enough to have new ones produced.. it has been 1 and half years and still a waiting list for rotors??????

just had to vent again :)
Do you have an '04 or '05? I haven't heard of any of these problems with an '05 and I don't know why you keep saying they need to fix the '05? :confused:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Yes I do have an 05... I don't really know all of the probs with the 04, but I do know as I previously stated that I have already been in the shop 3 times in 3 weeks....

the little things are not a big deal, but I really thought I wouldn't have the brake problem... I mean we are in July of 05 already. What makes me mad is before i bought it, I was aware of the brake issue and salesman, sales manager, and service advisor all told me I had the new rotors... I know, I know, they just want to sell and they're going to say whatever I wanted to hear, but a little honesty once and a while wouldn't hurt. It is a good chunk of change, to me anyways, to spend over $30k. All that said, I do love the Mada and will deal with the problems. Service at my dealer has been very receptive and they have fixed almost everything in a quick manner.
That's all I'm saying.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Nissan Forever!

Bought the 1st Nissan Armada in WA state in OCT 03 and picked up a 05 Titan this past weekend. I will always own nissans. My Armada will have been in the shop 3 wks tomorrow for various and sundry issues which will be around 35 days total for the year (surpisingly no brake judder at 23,000mi) It's worth it. Nothing compares to the armada even with the issues. Suck it up.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Heat03 said:
Yes I do have an 05... I don't really know all of the probs with the 04, but I do know as I previously stated that I have already been in the shop 3 times in 3 weeks....

the little things are not a big deal, but I really thought I wouldn't have the brake problem... I mean we are in July of 05 already. What makes me mad is before i bought it, I was aware of the brake issue and salesman, sales manager, and service advisor all told me I had the new rotors... I know, I know, they just want to sell and they're going to say whatever I wanted to hear, but a little honesty once and a while wouldn't hurt. It is a good chunk of change, to me anyways, to spend over $30k. All that said, I do love the Mada and will deal with the problems. Service at my dealer has been very receptive and they have fixed almost everything in a quick manner.
That's all I'm saying.
New rotors were installed on madas made in April or May. This was the first time they were available at the factory. New rotors hit the dealers as replacement parts in May. Get the new rotors. ;)
As for me, I have the old rotors and drive her hard. No problems. Supposedly there are some that don't have problems. But I'd like the new parts because they don't dust as much so I keep crossing my fingers. The brake issue was company wide at nissan. My G35 had the same problems and they replaced the brakes for free with new rotors and pads with 30k miles on it no questions asked. How's that for service? Must have had a contract with a bad distributor that had to run its course. As for the only trip I had to the repair bay, I needed a dab of grease on my rear hubs. That's about it for 8 months. :cool:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
relax,
I will suck it up, truck is great.

please note, it was built on 04/05 and certainly does have the old rotors...
explain that.
obviously still hasn't been corrected.

The sticker on the door clearly says built in April of 05.... again, just trying to figure out if they have known of the problem for so long, why is it still not corrected??

Peace

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Heat03 said:
relax,
I will suck it up, truck is great.

please note, it was built on 04/05 and certainly does have the old rotors...
explain that.
obviously still hasn't been corrected.

The sticker on the door clearly says built in April of 05.... again, just trying to figure out if they have known of the problem for so long, why is it still not corrected??

Peace
They had to get a new part designed, tested, produced, and shipped. This only after they found out that there were problems. You don't figure out there is a brake rotor problem week one of sales. Takes some time to have enough miles and time go by to realize it isn't a few isolated incidents. Guess you got one of the last old brake styles because by May they were the new ones. Just go get a new one. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts