Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I have been lurking here for a while, and I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a few questions about lifts that I can't find elsewhere on the site. Unfortunately, as this is my first post, I cannot post a link to the lift kit, but if you look up "Freedom Off-Road®- 3" x 2" Front and Rear Suspension Lift Kit 2006 Nissan Armada" I found it on Carid.

I have been looking at the Freedom Off-Road 3" x 2" lift kit and it is cheap enough, and I have seen some good reviews, but I was curious if any of you have tried this kit or any like it. Do you recommend? What else should I look at? I am trying to keep the price under $200 for the lift. I don't need anything huge, but I want to put on bigger tires.

That moves into my next point. What are the biggest tires you have on your 3x2" lifts? How big can I go without rubbing? Will I need to do a PWM? Pictures welcome.
It's a 2006 SE. I have 18" Fuel Krank wheels.

Thanks in advance,

Cody

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I looked up that kit, i know a lot of places just make titan parts and list them as compatible for the armada. the rear suspensions are completely different, I do not think that kit is going to work on an Armada. Also I would not personally trust any block lift kit if you ere planning to actually go offroad. if it is a on road just for looks then /shrug might work but i wouldn't trust it. a good lift is not cheap but that is for a reason, it gives full suspension travel and the manifacturer will have designed it for that specific vehicle. about the cheapest i would go is a Rancho quick lift kit. but that is closer to $1000ish I went that route and it performs great off road now. one day i might upgrade this to a blistien system as that was 2 years ago but probably not until this suspension is 5 years old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm a new member as if today.
I have a 07 Armada SE 4×4.
I recently installed the Rancho quick lift on the front and picked up almost 3".
I'm pretty happy with it, for the most part.
Unfortunately, there's still not much room to upgrade my tires from the 31" to 33". I'm currently running on 18 inch rims.
Can you recommend any direction I can go to get rid of the rear air suspension and go with something that would be considered traditional, regular shock and new spring, as well as gaining some height so I can run a bigger tire? Also, is there anything else I can do in the front, with what I've done already, to gain more height to run that bigger tire?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you,
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts