Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only find the 6" Calmini lift kit. Anyone else have luck on any other lift kit? Im looking for a 10" or more.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
You are truly kidding right?

Did you just say 10 inch or more? 10 inches is truly a very rare sight in the world of lifting such huge cars, so that is a surprise to hear you say that. Also you say or more. Like how higher? 12 inches or higher again? That will be truly way too high.

Well, it is my guess this will never happen to you because you may have to pay a ton of companies to fabricate what you will need to safely drive that car on the road. It will be too much trouble and too much money that the cost will not be worth it hence, it will not make sense to you.

Trust me, you might as well forget about it. I think this project may give you too much headaches and companies may even not feel safe fabricating parts for you or let me say their quotes will make you just tell them forget about it.

But on the other hand surprise us, if you can.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im serious. Trying to see if I can build this SUV for SEMA. Its more for show. I do understand what you are trying to say. But, there are lift kits out there for Toyota, GMC, Dodge, and other big company that are 10" and higher.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Ok, now it makes a little more sense. But doing it is not cheap.

This is a Nissan Armada. It has very little to no aftermarket support. The Lexus and the Landcruiser which are both more expensive than our Armada have a ton more aftermarket support. So it makes it harder for you to achieve your goal.

The tallest lifted Armada that I know off and have seen in person is the one(s) from the guy in Hawaii. I have seen the Orange one in person and gotten inside. He has a 12 inch lift. Try to contact him and I am sure he will share some useful information with you.

I have met the guy in person with his orange colored Armada. He told me his lift and wheels cost him $25,000. If my memory is not failing me, that is what I know I remember him telling me. Nearly everything done was through finding a shop that did all custom work for him. And trust me, it was not made right on the first try. So be ready for that. you will get a part built and end up with things touching or annoying noises. Then you have to go back and make more adjustments. That is how things like this gets you to $25,000.

Here are some pictures and his thread on here.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/9-suspension-tires-brakes/35017-help-bulletproof-lift.html
http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/9-suspension-tires-brakes/8574-bulletproof-12-inch-lift-2.html
http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/2-general-discussions/38050-hawaiian-style-nissans.html

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I own a shop and built a tundra for SEMA last year from the ground up. I know what you mean by not being an easy project. But, that is exactly why i wanna do it. I want to do something that no one has done before. This year im going to try to find as much info as i can about the 2nd gen and next year i will try to do the project.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
You are welcome.

Well when you mention that you own a shop and have built a Tundra for SEMA from ground up, that calls for some respect and it also means you know what you are talking about. Great job! That right there means you deserve a handshake for your work.

I have seen some videos of those things being built and it is no joke. So if you have done something like that, then this would be like one of those tasks and will only be a matter of how long it will take you to do it. For sure since with a shop, you pretty much build some of the things you will use.

Great to know.

Do you have some pics of your work to share? Or say some pics of the Tundra you built?

I personally have always wished I could turn my truck into a Arctic build truck. My problem is finding someone who will give me a quote. I just wish to know if it is something I can sacrifice the money for or just forget about it because of the ridiculous high cost. But I am still hoping someday I meet someone who can give me a quote to build my truck into a Arctic truck. And I have 3 vehicles in mind that I would pick one from and do the build.

My choices of the suv I would like to transform into a artic build would be either a Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX80 or Toyota Landcruiser. If I settle for a Nissan Armada, I will make sure I get a brand new one and then send it in for the modifications. If it is a QX or Landcruiser, I will go used, but with hopefully not more than 60,000 miles.

Do you know a shop here in the US that I can inquire if they can make one of these cars look like a Arctic suv?

Here are some pics of the arctic trucks. I wish I could turn a Armada, QX or Landcruiser like these. I would own it forever.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the truck in my shop and at SEMA. And some other ones. We built it from the ground up. Took us 4 months. But i didnt really do much to it. I did all the film and decal work. Helped a little with electronics. Th other guys did the suspension and interior. Its over $100k worth of stuff not including the labor for installs but majority of it was sponsored. If you have about 20k i can hook you up with a guy that does all the footwork. You would get all the parts you just need to figure out how your going to install the product.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
That Tundra truly looks like a real show truck. $110,000 in modification and upgrades? I truly believe that.

So that Tundra itself was probably like $45,000 and then they put over $100,000 in upgrades. Then that is not even including the cost of labor. Just amazing the cost that goes into these show trucks.

That is why I know if you truly do the 10 inch or 12 inch lift, you will be looking at spending over $25,000 on your Armada for sure.

I know for now, I will only be admiring those Arctic build trucks. I cannot afford to burn that much yet to get mine to the arctic build. But one of these coming years, if I come into some ridiculous amount of money, I will or may seriously waste it on getting my then suv into a arctic build. I really just love the looks of it.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My favorite arctic vehicle is the arctic frog. That thing is insane. I really wanna get mattracks for the armada but then it becomes useless and i dont wanna spend over 70k just on rims and mattracks.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
I had never heard of the vehicle called Arctic Frog, so I went to google to find it and yes that is insane.

Mattracks on any vehicle is really insane. I guess it is ok for the super rich to get mattracks for their cars that spends all its time in snow covered areas. Because if not, then I do not know how comfortable the mattracks can be on dirt roads or freeways. I would think of them as being used only in snow areas that see snow atleat 8 months in a year.

Those are show cars for sure or maybe a car for the super rich who have millions to burn on their toys.

I just got some pictures from google of the Arctic Frog so I can post here so others who may have never heard of it and wondering what you are talking about can just see it.

I will also respond to your PM.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I just ordered the Calmini 3” lift kit. I’ll post pics when it’s installed. Here’s a picture of one from the web though.
Here’s a stock one for comparison.
Here’s mine. I need more clearance for getting hang gliders up some steep rocky roads.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
I love seeing pics. That is a big reason why people come back to the forum for leisure. Apart from those who come with help for issues and then get the help and they never come back. Pictures help bring some people back to pass time and look at new mods.

I like the color of your Armada.

I look forward to the install pictures. If you do not mind, when the kit comes xan you share some good pictures of what comes in the box? It would be nice to see.

I may call these people to find out if this lift kit can fit my body style QX.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I love seeing pics. That is a big reason why people come back to the forum for leisure. Apart from those who come with help for issues and then get the help and they never come back. Pictures help bring some people back to pass time and look at new mods.

I like the color of your Armada.

I look forward to the install pictures. If you do not mind, when the kit comes xan you share some good pictures of what comes in the box? It would be nice to see.

I may call these people to find out if this lift kit can fit my body style QX.

Thanks! I’ll post lots of pics! Good luck with yours! Can’t wait for mine. Calmini doesn’t make many of these since there aren’t many Armada folks who mod their ride. I think he just made 10 more kits since he needed to make mine anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Thanks! I’ll post lots of pics! Good luck with yours! Can’t wait for mine. Calmini doesn’t make many of these since there aren’t many Armada folks who mod their ride. I think he just made 10 more kits since he needed to make mine anyway.

That sounds great. Man, share tons of pictures. I would love to see them.

Because of you, I just called Calmini a few hours ago and we talked about the lift and ended up talking for over 40 minutes about totally different interesting stuff.

He told me the same kit you bought would fit the Infiniti QX even though we have the autoleveling. I was surprised and before I could express my concern, he told me of this guy here in Houston with a 2018 Infiniti QX80 who juat bought the kit and got it installed. I was surprised. Well, he asked for my email and sent me 3 pictures of the guy's car. This is one of the pictures. And the guy lives locally here in Houston.

Calami said he will try to put me in contact with this guy and if I get to talk to him, I would ask him if I can kindly meet him and take pics of mine next to his as I am interested in this lift kit. I hear he told them he is very satisfied with his lift kit and he has 35 inch tires now on his QX. I also have 35 inch tires on my Qx but I do not have any lift kit on mine. So my 35s used to rub, but I fixed that and it does not rub any more.

Here is a pic of his ride. It looks really good.

Here is the lift you got and they say it will fit my QX and any other QX out there. I don't know if I will do it for sure yet but I am definitely interested in hearing this guy's review. Let me hope I get to meet him in person and take pics of mine next to his. If I meet him in person, I can almost guarantee I will post pics.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Awesome. Hope you get to see it. He sent me those pics as well. Nice guy. I think the stock looks like a low rider after seeing the lifted ones! I want to put 35 Inch tires, but I’m wondering about using the stock spare if I get a flat? 35 gives an extra inch of clearance, for a total of 4. Can’t wait.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Yes, he is nice guy indeed. Glad to know he sent you the same pictures.

It would be great if you put 35s when you get the lift. It adds another 1 inch for sure. So, maybe you will truly end up with 4 inch lift.

The spare tire is a 33 inch tire. So if you have a flat, that would not be a perfect replacement match, but given your circumstances when you have a flat, it is 100% better to have that as a spare tire to put on than not having one at all. I am sure you could still drive your car like that as careful as possible to wherever you can buy a new tire.

I am really looking forward to seeing your lifted Armada.

Lol, make your own thread of everything from when you get the parts to install to some videos or pictures even on those rocky roads you talk about driving on to deliver those gliders. Let us see that part of the country. It would be cool to see the rocky areas you take those gliders to. Share for fun if you wish. I will definitely look at them and appreciate them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
@Stewy
If you're still around and you're building a 2nd Gen or built one, I assume you did something nicer/stronger for a front skid plate.

If you built one, can I see a picture?
If you sourced one, can you tell me the source?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Yes, he is nice guy indeed. Glad to know he sent you the same pictures.

It would be great if you put 35s when you get the lift. It adds another 1 inch for sure. So, maybe you will truly end up with 4 inch lift.

The spare tire is a 33 inch tire. So if you have a flat, that would not be a perfect replacement match, but given your circumstances when you have a flat, it is 100% better to have that as a spare tire to put on than not having one at all. I am sure you could still drive your car like that as careful as possible to wherever you can buy a new tire.

I am really looking forward to seeing your lifted Armada.

Lol, make your own thread of everything from when you get the parts to install to some videos or pictures even on those rocky roads you talk about driving on to deliver those gliders. Let us see that part of the country. It would be cool to see the rocky areas you take those gliders to. Share for fun if you wish. I will definitely look at them and appreciate them.
Parts arrived. Install, including new wheels and tires will be complete on the 29th.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Parts arrived. Install, including new wheels and tires will be complete on the 29th.
Sweet. Really looking forward to seeing your lifted rig.

Post TONS of pictures or you should start your own thread.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts