Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Nissan Armada Platinum Flex 4x4
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after months of planning and picking out parts, my 2010 armada is finally lifted with new shoes! If anyone wants me to list the parts I used for the lift or anything else, let me know and I will reply asap. Its exactly a 3.25" lift in the front and 2" in the rear. Tires are toyo open country A/T III, 305/65 r18 on black rhino rapids (18x9.5). Here are some pictures, let me know what you guys think! Also any suggestions for what I should do next?

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow looks great! I would like a parts list if ya don’t mind. Thanks!
In the front I completely rebuilt the struts, didnt want to reuse any old parts. Bilstein 5100 on middle setting, paired with moog 81194 springs, theyre a stiffer spring, but in my opinion it still rides great. All new top strut mounts, insulators, and bushings (easy to find on rock auto). I built the struts myself, took some time and alot of scary spring compressor moments though, id recommend taking them to a shop to build them, or go for it if your a DIY person. Ive also got a set of PRG adjustable sway bar end links installed, the sway bar will bend if these arent installed with a lift. For the rear ive got PRG spacers installed, they just go under the rear springs; gotta adjust the auto leveling air bags after this or it will go back to stock height. And honestly after the lift and larger tires, it still rides surprisingly smooth.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Shelving

Automotive tire Black Camera lens Rim Camera accessory

Auto part Machine Composite material Engineering Plumbing fitting

Automotive tire Gas Machine Space Auto part

Automotive design Material property Font Wood Auto part

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks nice but puts a lot of stress on constant velocity stuff. Not for highway driving. Sorta like off-set wheels that can look great but wipe out bearings.

No free lunch.
Thanks for the reply, what issues should I be expecting to arise from this exactly? I drive on the highway daily.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for the reply, what issues should I be expecting to arise from this exactly? I drive on the highway daily.
It will wear out the constant velocity joints prematurely. They are now constantly "working" since the drive axles are at an angle thus always moving a lot as shafts rotate. That will wear way faster vs them being more or less in a straight line all the time.

The joints "slide" as the rotate if not straight. Offroad it's a slow process since one is not going fast. On the highways that sliding creates a lot of heat and wear. Here's a picture of the permanent geometry when lifted.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Font Engineering

Font Household hardware Rim Auto part Metal

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will wear out the constant velocity joints prematurely. They are now constantly "working" since the drive axles are at an angle thus always moving a lot as shafts rotate. That will wear way faster vs them being more or less in a straight line all the time.

The joints "slide" as the rotate if not straight. Offroad it's a slow process since one is not going fast. On the highways that sliding creates a lot of heat and wear. Here's a picture of the permanent geometry when lifted.

View attachment 51832
View attachment 51833
Gotchya, yeah that makes sense. Trucks already got 200k miles so theyre probably getting pretty worn out already, will definitely be checking these. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
242 Posts
There’s always a good solid realist in the group that can come across like a Debbie Downer… 🤣 But I think it looks great! I’ve got a lift in the entry hall right now waiting for a cooler Saturday and 35’s on the way. Lifted Armadas in the states are few & far between and they look like beasts on the road. I’d venture to say that you knew what you were getting into but thanks to randomlag for pointing out where it might fail. Looks great and in this economy, Lord knows we need people to spend money where they can. I’m a fan! Thanks for sharing all the details.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There’s always a good solid realist in the group that can come across like a Debbie Downer… 🤣 But I think it looks great! I’ve got a lift in the entry hall right now waiting for a cooler Saturday and 35’s on the way. Lifted Armadas in the states are few & far between and they look like beasts on the road. I’d venture to say that you knew what you were getting into but thanks to randomlag for pointing out where it might fail. Looks great and in this economy, Lord knows we need people to spend money where they can. I’m a fan! Thanks for sharing all the details.
😂lol thanks man, ive got wayyy too many things planned for this thing still. What size lift are you putting on? Post some pics when everything is installed, don't think I've seen a 2021 armada lifted yet. Also I couldn't imagine that 35" tire fitment, these 34s rub enough already, I wonder if the wheel well is larger on the new armadas?

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
242 Posts
😂lol thanks man, ive got wayyy too many things planned for this thing still. What size lift are you putting on? Post some pics when everything is installed, don't think I've seen a 2021 armada lifted yet. Also I couldn't imagine that 35" tire fitment, these 34s rub enough already, I wonder if the wheel well is larger on the new armadas?
It should be right at 4” when it’s all said and done. Kits are hard to find so it will be a Frankenstein with a few different components. Yeah, I’m alittle worried about 35’s but that’s the goal. Had 35’s on my last Titan and Ford SD so I’m kinda partial to that size, and there are some great models out there. I hope my wheels are a benefit and not a hindrance. Will post some pics when it’s done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It should be right at 4” when it’s all said and done. Kits are hard to find so it will be a Frankenstein with a few different components. Yeah, I’m alittle worried about 35’s but that’s the goal. Had 35’s on my last Titan and Ford SD so I’m kinda partial to that size, and there are some great models out there. I hope my wheels are a benefit and not a hindrance. Will post some pics when it’s done.
Oh wow that will look great, those tires will probably fit with that lift as long as the wheel offset isnt crazy

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
242 Posts
Wow, looks great! I would say go for aftermarket headlight lenses next. I also don't care for all the chrome on the armadas on the grill and the side mirrors!
Agreed on the chrome comments. I’ve got to do something about the grille, window trim, and door handles. Just trying to make the right call, vinyl or paint-to-match silver or black.

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Armada SE 4WD w/ Tow Package
7 Posts
Agreed on the chrome comments. I’ve got to do something about the grille, window trim, and door handles. Just trying to make the right call, vinyl or paint-to-match silver or black.
I'm slowly replacing the chrome on mine... door handles, now going to replace mirrors with black titan tow mirrors. For me it's been by necessity, but I have intentionally shied away from the chrome. My passenger side door handle fell apart, and now I'm towing a travel trailer, so I opted for the titan tow mirrors rather than strap ons. I've seen other guys do it, and it helps to beef up the appearance and is also necessary for towing! It's interesting to me how the tow package on the armada doesn't come with tow mirrors when the armada is just as capable as the titan that gets them! Anyway, my armada came with a color matched grill, so the last pieces of chrome are the bumpers... not sure what I want to do with those...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, looks great! I would say go for aftermarket headlight lenses next. I also don't care for all the chrome on the armadas on the grill and the side mirrors!
I ageee, I definitely want aftermarket headlights, but unfortunately they dont make any for the 2010 model. The headlights for the 05-07 armadas are very similar, but dont fit quite right, so im stuck with these. And for the chrome, I havent made my mind up about that yet, one week I want it black, and the next I like the chrome again. Who knows whatll happen🤣

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I want to add, that I ran this same type of lift for 5 years and while the CV axles didn't blow out, I replaced them as the boot had too much stress and cracked, from there it was a matter of time. I had no issues with freeway driving outside of ripping up my tires from the toe adjustment required in the rear to get the camber right. I'm now on a 6" bracket lift to save my new axles, and reduce tire wear with a proper alignment. Either way - it looks good and you'll get some good fun and time out of it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want to add, that I ran this same type of lift for 5 years and while the CV axles didn't blow out, I replaced them as the boot had too much stress and cracked, from there it was a matter of time. I had no issues with freeway driving outside of ripping up my tires from the toe adjustment required in the rear to get the camber right. I'm now on a 6" bracket lift to save my new axles, and reduce tire wear with a proper alignment. Either way - it looks good and you'll get some good fun and time out of it.
Im sure ill end up replacing mine sooner or later also. It doesn't get driven as much as it used to, only about 8k miles a year now, so hopefully not too soon. I love it now though, I get compliments at about every place I stop at now; there's just something about these lifted armadas that stands out

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, after months of planning and picking out parts, my 2010 armada is finally lifted with new shoes! If anyone wants me to list the parts I used for the lift or anything else, let me know and I will reply asap. Its exactly a 3.25" lift in the front and 2" in the rear. Tires are toyo open country A/T III, 305/65 r18 on black rhino rapids (18x9.5). Here are some pictures, let me know what you guys think! Also any suggestions for what I should do next?

View attachment 51794 View attachment 51796
View attachment 51795
Can you explain reason for a 3.25" lift in front but only 2" in the back? If your on the middle setting on shock(believe it's 1"), what else did you do for the extra 2.25"?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts