Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the drivers door all control switches are back lighted except my window lock switch. I swore when I purchased my Armada that it was lighted but the dealer checked it out and said it was not lighted. They even checked a new 05 model and said that the window lock switch is not backlighted for night driving. Will some one please check there 04 Armada at night and tell me if theirs is lighted or not? Does'nt make sense to me that all the window control switches, and the door lock switch are lighted but not the window lock switch or the mirror control pad. Just curious :clueless:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
No all swiches are lighted exept window lock.Does seem kinda strange not to linclude that one tho

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I concur. The Window lock does not light.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Lighting

While We Are On The Subject Why In The World Didn't They Light The Volume And Cruise Controls On The Steering Wheel Mine Do Not Light Up Could Everyone Check ?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
HAMMER said:
While We Are On The Subject Why In The World Didn't They Light The Volume And Cruise Controls On The Steering Wheel Mine Do Not Light Up Could Everyone Check ?
They don't light up. The reason why is probably the same reason why the AUX doesn't send audio to the rear controls (even though the owners manual says it should). The extra few feet of wire would of cost the few pennys that were cut.;)

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
pardon me if this is in the wrong section, but do all your switches on the drivers side door light up?
I have an LE, so I have mirror controls, open/close, window lock, door lock/unlock, and the 4 windows. My window lock and door unlock dont light. I tried to get it replaced under warranty and the tech said it was working normally. I told him if we go on the lot to compare, I guarantee this isnt the case. He swapped my switches and showed me that there was no change. I told him that I watched it get dimmer over the past few months and finally brought it in, so he checked it again and admitted that the cluster was dimmer than all the other switches, but couldn't explain why. He offered to call the tech hotline, but I dont expect a solution. Hopefully this isnt a prelude to bigger electrical problems. But if someone could provide a pic with all the switches lit, me and my sanity would appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
The window lock switch and mirror select switch dosen't light up on mine (though the door lock switch does), think its normal.

The rear window switch in the overhead consol lights up but the glass roof switches don't.

I think its cost cutting by Nissan, why dont all the switches light up? I would as least like the steering wheel switches to be illuminated (they are on some other cars).

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
The steering wheel switches on the 08's do light up as does most everything else. Its like a jet cock pit in this thing at night. I love it.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Tmation said:
The window lock switch and mirror select switch dosen't light up on mine (though the door lock switch does), think its normal.
I'm trying to show that the door "unlock" half of the switch should light up. It used to, but the tech says its not supposed to.

I thought that the window lock used to light up, but now I dont remember. Thats why I'm hoping someone can show theirs.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
What year do you have?

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
The 2008's might be different but all of mine light up. I double checked last night and the Mirror Adjust, Lock/Unlock, and Window buttons all light up; the Lock/Unlock and Window on passenger side light up; and the Window buttons on the rear doors light up. I couldn't get the pics to come out well enough to be in focus and show them lit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2015 Armada and was curious if you could tell me if all the controls for the windows and locks on the drivers side door light up? My lock and unlock only has the lock portion that lights up, you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts