Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was driving three lights just turn on, on my dashboard BRAKE, VDC OFF and SLIP. Has this happen to anyone else besides me. My Armada only has 10K and I'm having brake problems at the moment, I called the dealer and I'll be taking it in for service tomorrow they said that the lights mean that there is something wrong with the alternator. I'll let you guys know what happens.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Same thing happened to us a while back. They said it was due to warn pads. They replaced the pads and resurfaced the rotors and we were out three hundred bucks because they said it was "normal" wear. Oh, and we only had 12,560 miles on the Armada...never had to replace brakes that soon on our previous two SUVs.

Anyway,they never mentioned anything about an alternator, and the lights haven't reappeared after another 2000 miles. However, now we are starting to feel the dreaded judder when braking. Not very happy about this, especially since Nissan is not stepping up to the plate and admitting their design errors. :mad:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
They charged you for brake work? I'd be calling Nissan consumer affairs and demanding a reimbursement. No way you should have had to pay....

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Armada only has close to 11K and they mention that there is nothing wrong with the alternator, but that they need to do brake work on the truck. They put me on a waiting list to get the new parts, they said that there is a problem with the brake system on the Armada's and that Nissan will replace my parts for free. It will take close to six weeks to get the new parts. The lights are still on even though they resurface my rotors. You shouldn't have to pay for something that Nissan mess up in the first place. Good luck to anyone else who has this problem.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
hen18316 said:
As I was driving three lights just turn on, on my dashboard BRAKE, VDC OFF and SLIP. Has this happen to anyone else besides me. My Armada only has 10K and I'm having brake problems at the moment, I called the dealer and I'll be taking it in for service tomorrow they said that the lights mean that there is something wrong with the alternator. I'll let you guys know what happens.
The same thing happened to me during one of several visits for brake problems. The lights comming on were created by a low brake fluid condition.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I hate to resurrect this thread, but I'm venting. My wife had told me that the "BRAKE, VDC OFF and SLIP" lights had come on so I searched and found this thread(Love the internet). I checked the brake fluid and it was barely above the minimum which explains why the lights were not "always" on.

Here's the pisser. The Armada was taken to the dealer not too long ago to have the rotors turned for the third time(14K miles) for the whole warped rotor defect. I was under the impression that we'd get the "permanent" fix. When we looked at the service order, it was the SOS. OMG, NISSAN MUST BE OWNED BY A FRENCH COMPANY(cuz they are)!

Now the even bigger pisser. I can [email protected] and moan about the rotor design flaw and lay blame straight on Nissan's lap. However, the dealership didn't even check the fluid. There's no way that the BF could have boiled off that fast. When you work on the brake system of a vehicle, you always check the fluid level.

My Trooper had 129,000 miles on trade and never had the fluid boil off at that rate. I just can't fathom it. I'm sick of this $40K styrofoam cup with bad brakes. Time to review Texas' Lemon Law...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts