Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not seen this brought up but has anyone tried shaving weight on wheels for fuel economy or performance?
Enkei is discontinuing the RPT1 18x9 and they claim weight of 22.6 lbs. What are tour thoughts? Keeping similar tire size as stock 18s.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This will result in better performance in 1st gear but will not change your MPG. I can get 20 MPG if I baby it.

Part of owning it is accepting the fuel economy isnt great. Intake exhuast and a tune have netted a couple MPG for some folks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will result in better performance in 1st gear but will not change your MPG. I can get 20 MPG if I baby it.

Part of owning it is accepting the fuel economy isnt great. Intake exhuast and a tune have netted a couple MPG for some folks.
I understand the fuel consumption is what it is. We just have to live with it.

Have to admit that if some of us were to shave that much wheel weight per corner the fuel consumption might go up as the lead foot might be a little more common, :D

Based on looking around the stock 18x8 Armada wheel weighs in the ball park of 33lbs-34lbs. This I'm not sure about but have seen these numbers tossed around.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Based on looking around the stock 18x8 Armada wheel weighs in the ball park of 33lbs-34lbs. This I'm not sure about but have seen these numbers tossed around.
I have 4 OEM 18" wheels sitting in my basement.

I can probably weigh one tonight and report back, unless you want a four-wheel average.... for exactness. (I'm kidding)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 4 OEM 18" wheels sitting in my basement.

I can probably weigh one tonight and report back, unless you want a four-wheel average.... for exactness. (I'm kidding)
That would be great! One wheel weight please, (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts