Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
i have this on my titan.and i plan on getting one for my dads QX56.im quite positive that it shall work on the QX56 and the armada..just measure your lenght and get the required size. my titans tail gate is 64" long and i got the 60" lenght.and as you can see from the vid it looks fine so if its only a few inches then dont worry about it.i have 2"s in each side of the light bar.and i get complimented ofn the awsome looks all the time.trust me this is a mod that you will not want to pass up it is very much worth it.my video is posted on jasons link.if you have any questions please feel free to Pm or contact me my email is [email protected]

Thank you

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
inqui-Z-tor said:
Where would it install? At the bottom of the "hatch"??
told my hubby about this....and that was the first question he asked me. lol and gave me a look like this :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Mamas_Armada said:
told my hubby about this....and that was the first question he asked me. lol and gave me a look like this :rolleyes:
You see on a truck (Titan) there is a natural slot under the tailgate where the LED strip can "tuck" into.

On the Armada .. it'll either (1) be mounted on the botton edge of the hatchdoor or (2) be attached on to the rear bumper (and be subject to being stepped on)?

edit: Ok .. i went out to take a look. There is a gap between the rear hatch and the bumper where the LED strip could "tuck" into. The LED strip would rest on the bumper, underneath the rear hatch. Depending on the dimensions of the LED strip .. 60" L x ? W x ? H would determine how much of a risk to being damaged upon loading/unloading from the rear (again the Titan tail gate would protect the strip during load/un-load operations) ..

Any close up pics of this LED strip?

And I might as well ask now .. are installation instructions available?

I just saw the video .. WOW! Presuming my questions are answered .. I'm ordering ASAP!

·
Banned
19 Posts
Pm sent back you

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
Installed....

got my bar in tonight. not a difficult install. you could use your tow plug but thats too easy and i didnt want that adapter hanging on there. so i cut the harness on the light bar and tapped into the lights. if you do it this way (avoiding the tow plug) the light bar will not light up when you brake. it only has ground, park, left, right leads. you could probably tap a brake light wire on the left and right leads to make it light up but i didnt do that experiment. the light fits right on that plastic piece as you can see in the photos i took above where the measure tape is. 3M tape is strong!

EDIT. so what im going to do is use the turn signal leads as the brake light leads since i would rather have the bar light up on brake rather than turn signals... just FYI.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
How thick is the bar .. ie .. what do you think about the wear-n-tear of loading/unloading the rear of the Armada will have on the bar itself?

You know .. dragging groceries, suitcases, etc ...??

So ..

Ground = ground
Left = left tail light
Right = right tail light
Park = reverse/backup light

And this is the 49"??

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
pictures speak a couple words... :)

the bar sits up against the plastic piece right under the hatch door as you noted in your post a couple of posts up. the 3M tape sticks up aginst that piece. the light bar is about a half inch of so from the back of this plastic piece its stuck to.

i dont think the luggage, stepping on the bumper, etc will even touvh it. besides, it seems pretty tough but i would not smash anything up against it to test it!

as for connections, i used those tap thingies that you slide over the live wire and put in the other wire and smash the metal piece down on the wires to tap them together. there is plenty of room behind the lights to stuff wires back there. if you get the reverse led bar it has a fuse inline on the ground wire. you can stuff it back behind the light no problem. i connnected the ground to the turn signal ground.

so yeah if you dont use the hitch plug and hook them up hardwired to the lights, you can either have the left/right and park options or brake/park options. you cant do both since we have two seperate lights (brake and turn signal). the hitch plug allows you to have it all.

anymore questions please ask! i can take additional photos if anyone needs to see anything else...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Didn't realize it had back-ups too. Lack of back-up lights is what has kept me from changing out my tail lights to QX56 LEDS.

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
CAMP, yeahme too.i stated in another post about this bar that this would eleviate one form having to get back up lights.

inquizitor...

the wires come out on the drivers side led bar. not sure how long they are, maybe 3 feet? thin wires mabe 18 AWG? they terminate in a 4 flat tow plug. you would need an adapter to plug into the nissan harness to change to accept a 4 pin flat plug.

hhmm... as for how high? wel its designed like an "L" . if you are looking at the side of the car its an "L" . the back of the light is just as high as the plastic piece it sticks to under the hatch door. the part that lays out on the bumper that has the LEDs in it is about an inch or so. not big. those photos above should explain what i mean? if it doesnt ask more and ill provide more! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
yeah i got an adapter for the tow hit at uhaul when i towed my car out of state. they are not expensive btu i didnt want the thing on my hitch all the time so the hard wire works best. :)

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I'm in favor of hardwiring too .. but I'd like to tap the hitch wiring also. I admit I haven't looked too closely .. so I'll have to see what I can be done (and what I can do) ..LOL!

So when you tap'd into the rear lights ... did you access them by removing the lights or ??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts