Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loads and loads of these things have been passing through. They are coming in from the port in Hampton Roads Virginia. The truck drivers have been saying that they're piling up at the dealerships. So far I've only seen one on the road in my area.

·
Super Moderator
5,801 Posts
first mod to do: remove that stingy resonator in back! you will thank me.

the stock muff is probably the same as what's on the stock qx so its pretty beefy.

do the armadas have the HBMC (hydraulic body motion control) like on the qx? this suspension system alone is worth the price of admission.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
I have looked at a few stickers on the Armada Platinum, but I don't remember seeing any having the HBMC. I guess Nissan is trying to give people reason to upgrade to the QX.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that's unique to the Infinities. I have not seen it on any of the new Armadas.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am NOT saying that it is, but in my opinion the underpinnings of the 2nd Gen Armada looks almost identical to the older body style Armadas.
The underpinnings of the 2nd Gen Infinities do not look the same "suspension wise". I've posted videos on here of the underpinnings of the 2nd Gen Infinities and it looks way more complicated.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Pretty much the same since 2011. Nissan Patrol & QX56/80s. The QXs have the better HBMC suspension. That's where most of the difference in $$$$ went.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Since we got ours I've only seen 1 on the road around here. A Pearl White one rolling opposite side of the freeway. What I remember seeing a lot of as soon as they came out were the new Honda Pilots!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Loads and loads of these things have been passing through. They are coming in from the port in Hampton Roads Virginia. The truck drivers have been saying that they're piling up at the dealerships. So far I've only seen one on the road in my area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mw_0rwuc-A
Do the new models still use the radiator to cool the transmission fluid? If so, a discrete tranny cooler ($40) is a must or you risk trashing the transmission probably around 100-130K miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts