Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remote will not work. Key will not unlock door. Can't even be towed to the dealer. Dealer says..must be wrong keys! Bought new one with vin#. Guess what? Still will not unlock. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Sounds like it's the dealer's problem. This is a warranty item, have your dealer take care of it.
Questions:
!. Will key turn in lock? If not it isn't cut correctly. If it does turn then a cable must be broken/disconnected inside door.
2. How long had your truck been setting since you last opened the door? Its possible the battery has discharged or gone bad. But even then the key should open the door.
3. I don't understand why it can't be towed. They should be able to lift the rear and tow it.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
locked out

key "feels" right, but nothing happens. Dealer of course wants it brought to them. Towing isn't covered under warranty. Locksmith visit isn't either. Local locksmith best guess is dead battery, plus linkage in door doesn't work. I am not sure I have ever used the key to get in the door before. They are going to try and "slimjim" the door, unlock the park, center the wheels and tow it. Any better ideas?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
The tow truck cannot lift from the back and put the front tires on their extra wheel things they use??? I believe they call them dollies. It looks something like this.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
The towing should be covered under the warranty. When my 04 Maxima was DOA after being shipped to Texas from Illinois the Nissan dealer here sent a flatbed to pick it up. The tow and the new alternator were both covered.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would never have guessed. Turns out the door lock and ignition were different. I had never used the door key before, therefore did'nt catch it until the battery went dead so the remote wouldn't work. The svc mgr at the local Nissan came out personally, got into the vehicle. They are fixing it today.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Hmm that sounds like BS to me (the not under warranty part). My grandmother's '03 Pathfinder had a hiccup starting one day. It started fine afterwards, but, under the normal warranty, the dealer insisted it be picked up and checked out by them before she drove it again... Nothing was wrong, but she wasn't charged for the towing, rental, or anything. Now, knowing the crap they have put me through, I'm sure it wasn't all out of good faith...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts