Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the "slip on" type towing mirrors for the Nissan Armada? I have only found the strap type. Any and all information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Syko
2004 Armada SE
Galaxy
Off-Road
Big Tow
Journey Package

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper, and only those who prosper truly judge what is sane"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
896 Posts
Not Very Good for Towing

It has been my experience that the slip-on and strap-on mirrors are short term solutions at best. They are not stable and have a limited field of view. The impolite term is that they are junk. I had several different types prior to using McKesh mirrors that I have had for 6 years now and they are the best add-on mirrors on the market bar none. They are not cheap, but good stuff hardly ever is. Recently I have seen them marketed under different names, but any good RV shop will know what they are. They seem to fit any vehicle and are built to last. Most likely the last set of mirrors I will ever have to buy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
98 Posts
I don’t think they make a slip on mirror as yet. I ordered the strap type and a wide angle replacement glass for the passenger side. I think I actually like the fit better then the slip on.

I ordered mine from http://www.rpminnovations.com

Ken
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
ken_taylor said:
I don’t think they make a slip on mirror as yet. I ordered the strap type and a wide angle replacement glass for the passenger side. I think I actually like the fit better then the slip on.

I ordered mine from http://www.rpminnovations.com

Ken
Which ones did you get? The "Universal Towing Mirror"? (www.mirrormirror.com) I got the strap-on type from Camping World, and they are total crap. When strapped on, you can't adjust the regular mirrors, since the clips actually contact the glass. Totally useless.

Keith
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
98 Posts
Campfamily said:
Which ones did you get? The "Universal Towing Mirror"? (www.mirrormirror.com) I got the strap-on type from Camping World, and they are total crap. When strapped on, you can't adjust the regular mirrors, since the clips actually contact the glass. Totally useless.

Keith
Those are the ones I got. There were two types of clips and the ones I used fit between the case the the mirror without a problem. A redesign?

Ken
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
That's not the kind I got, I got the $17 ones from Camping World. Total junk.

Just ordered the ones from that website, we'll see how they work.

Thanks!

Keith
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
98 Posts
Campfamily said:
That's not the kind I got, I got the $17 ones from Camping World. Total junk.

Just ordered the ones from that website, we'll see how they work.

Thanks!

Keith
I didn't realize that the ones from CW were different. I went to the CIPA website and when you to to order they redirect you to the site I mentioned above. I paid about $70 for both sides, extra lens, carrying bag and shipping. Are the ones from CW CIPA?

Ken
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking forward to hearing how they fit and work. Please feel free to email me and let me know.
Thanks
Syko
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
ken_taylor said:
I didn't realize that the ones from CW were different. I went to the CIPA website and when you to to order they redirect you to the site I mentioned above. I paid about $70 for both sides, extra lens, carrying bag and shipping. Are the ones from CW CIPA?

Ken
Camping World does carry the CIPA ones, but I was too cheap to pay the extra, so I bought the really cheap ones.(http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=10438)

Here are the new ones I just bought.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?deptID=&subOf=43,32&skunum=21154

Keith
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12 Posts
Just curious how those CIPA mirrors worked for you? I will be towing an 8.5 trailer and need a set of mirrors that will allow me to see the side of the trailer when towing.

Sean
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top