Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking a used Armada's under $40K. One of the vehicles is an 2018 (14 months old) CP0 under 30,000 miles for $41K - but the catch is that it was a rental. Should I run, not walk away from this Armada?

What issues or risks do I take on with purchasing a former rental Armada?.

Any other advice would be appreciated in my quest for my Armada!!!

thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2018 platinum reserve that was a rental. Only issue is it shows a small area of paint work in the right side rear quarter panel. Rental car companies many times act as their own insurance company so things like this won’t show on a car fax. Third party inspection is highly recommended. 33599.00is what I paid. 40k. Love it so far.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I currently have a 2013 platinum that I am looking to replace with a certified 2017 Platinum. Any issues or warning signs to be aware of? Also on the current generation when parking on a hill especially at a boat ramp, when putting the car in park it rolls a little. When putting it back in gear it shifts hard and there's a load clunk. This is a common issue. Is this still the case on the new ones? I know that Ford and GM have a button you can press to stop the vehicle from doing this. Currently I have put the truck in neutral, set the parking brake, and then put it into park to avoid the issue. It's annoying.

·
Super Moderator
5,327 Posts
if its a used car, then use your judgement like you would for any other used car. the nissan is a solid vehicle. reliable - just look at the high mileage thread.

that CLUNK is going to happen on the 2018 too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have read this from start to finish. Lots of really good info but the Armada I'm looking at is modified.its a 2004 se pathfinder sport offroad. It has a small lift aftermarket wheels and tires. I'm hoping someone on this forum has a similar vehicle and let me know of there are specifics I should be looking at. I understand the basic complaints and failures but since this is the first year I'm wondering if there are unique tells or problems. It's a 1 owner great condition with only 135k on it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So I have read this from start to finish. Lots of really good info but the Armada I'm looking at is modified.its a 2004 se pathfinder sport offroad. It has a small lift aftermarket wheels and tires. I'm hoping someone on this forum has a similar vehicle and let me know of there are specifics I should be looking at. I understand the basic complaints and failures but since this is the first year I'm wondering if there are unique tells or problems. It's a 1 owner great condition with only 135k on it. Any thoughts are appreciated.
If you feel you have a solid base or understanding of the Armada you're looking at I say go for it. The older first generations can be had for a low cost. I've seen several in our area like the one you described for great prices. Never hurts to have a PPI though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
so from reading this, it is safe to buy either 2011,2012,2013 Armada with mileage starting from 100k to 160k? Are they strong cars? and is the display for navigation screen touchscreen? also can you play music from you phone while it’s connected to bluetooth? sorry i have a lot of questions

·
Super Moderator
5,327 Posts
car is only as good as it previous owner(s) but the car has a long history of satisfied users. ive had 2 armadas and a qx.

the nav display is touch screen yes.

some old models will not stream music through bluetooth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, Im hoping to learn much about the Armadas here. I getting ready to look at a 2011 Platinum with 102k miles. Its time for me to part ways with my ol this t Expedition which has been great to me. Its a 2000 Eddie Bauer. I've had it for couple decads with 205,xxx. Only reason to part is some rust is starting to pop through the rocker panels. Whoever gets this truck will be able to drive it till the rust kills it. Ive maintained her with open checkbook. All, and I mean all fluids dropped every other year (15k miles), oil changes every 3k w synthetic. Truck is pristine except for rocker panel rust.

Found a nice white/tan for sale asking a little on the high side at $15k but I figure I'll trade my truck get maybe $3k and have them knock off $1000 from price and badabing!

Ive read a lot on Armadas. Fell in love with them when I rented a 2018. Wow. My budget is cash purchase so I have to keep it reasonable.

The one Im looking at is a southern car, no accidents, I'll get it checked out on a lift etc.

Do you guys think $15k w 102,000 miles is high price? Any thing specific I should look for when checking her out?

Thank you and I hope to contribute whenever I learn anything.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Welcome! A couple of things.....just like any used car, a complete maintenance history is key. So hopefully the one you're looking at has that. Second, get an inspection. May help in your negotiations. Look closely at exhaust manifolds (they tend to crack, and are expensive to replace), suspension, and obviously for any crash damage that didn't make the Carfax. And, third, note that the 2011 is significantly different from the 2018 that you rented. Different platform, similar engine (but with less horsepower), different interior (older has more room than the newer, but not as nice).

Price isn't bad. Is it 4WD?

Keith

81 - 90 of 90 Posts