Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking a used Armada's under $40K. One of the vehicles is an 2018 (14 months old) CP0 under 30,000 miles for $41K - but the catch is that it was a rental. Should I run, not walk away from this Armada?

What issues or risks do I take on with purchasing a former rental Armada?.

Any other advice would be appreciated in my quest for my Armada!!!

thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2018 platinum reserve that was a rental. Only issue is it shows a small area of paint work in the right side rear quarter panel. Rental car companies many times act as their own insurance company so things like this won’t show on a car fax. Third party inspection is highly recommended. 33599.00is what I paid. 40k. Love it so far.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I currently have a 2013 platinum that I am looking to replace with a certified 2017 Platinum. Any issues or warning signs to be aware of? Also on the current generation when parking on a hill especially at a boat ramp, when putting the car in park it rolls a little. When putting it back in gear it shifts hard and there's a load clunk. This is a common issue. Is this still the case on the new ones? I know that Ford and GM have a button you can press to stop the vehicle from doing this. Currently I have put the truck in neutral, set the parking brake, and then put it into park to avoid the issue. It's annoying.

·
Super Moderator
5,221 Posts
if its a used car, then use your judgement like you would for any other used car. the nissan is a solid vehicle. reliable - just look at the high mileage thread.

that CLUNK is going to happen on the 2018 too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have read this from start to finish. Lots of really good info but the Armada I'm looking at is modified.its a 2004 se pathfinder sport offroad. It has a small lift aftermarket wheels and tires. I'm hoping someone on this forum has a similar vehicle and let me know of there are specifics I should be looking at. I understand the basic complaints and failures but since this is the first year I'm wondering if there are unique tells or problems. It's a 1 owner great condition with only 135k on it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So I have read this from start to finish. Lots of really good info but the Armada I'm looking at is modified.its a 2004 se pathfinder sport offroad. It has a small lift aftermarket wheels and tires. I'm hoping someone on this forum has a similar vehicle and let me know of there are specifics I should be looking at. I understand the basic complaints and failures but since this is the first year I'm wondering if there are unique tells or problems. It's a 1 owner great condition with only 135k on it. Any thoughts are appreciated.
If you feel you have a solid base or understanding of the Armada you're looking at I say go for it. The older first generations can be had for a low cost. I've seen several in our area like the one you described for great prices. Never hurts to have a PPI though.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts