Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking a used Armada's under $40K. One of the vehicles is an 2018 (14 months old) CP0 under 30,000 miles for $41K - but the catch is that it was a rental. Should I run, not walk away from this Armada?

What issues or risks do I take on with purchasing a former rental Armada?.

Any other advice would be appreciated in my quest for my Armada!!!

thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2018 platinum reserve that was a rental. Only issue is it shows a small area of paint work in the right side rear quarter panel. Rental car companies many times act as their own insurance company so things like this won’t show on a car fax. Third party inspection is highly recommended. 33599.00is what I paid. 40k. Love it so far.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I currently have a 2013 platinum that I am looking to replace with a certified 2017 Platinum. Any issues or warning signs to be aware of? Also on the current generation when parking on a hill especially at a boat ramp, when putting the car in park it rolls a little. When putting it back in gear it shifts hard and there's a load clunk. This is a common issue. Is this still the case on the new ones? I know that Ford and GM have a button you can press to stop the vehicle from doing this. Currently I have put the truck in neutral, set the parking brake, and then put it into park to avoid the issue. It's annoying.

·
Super Moderator
5,563 Posts
if its a used car, then use your judgement like you would for any other used car. the nissan is a solid vehicle. reliable - just look at the high mileage thread.

that CLUNK is going to happen on the 2018 too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I have read this from start to finish. Lots of really good info but the Armada I'm looking at is modified.its a 2004 se pathfinder sport offroad. It has a small lift aftermarket wheels and tires. I'm hoping someone on this forum has a similar vehicle and let me know of there are specifics I should be looking at. I understand the basic complaints and failures but since this is the first year I'm wondering if there are unique tells or problems. It's a 1 owner great condition with only 135k on it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So I have read this from start to finish. Lots of really good info but the Armada I'm looking at is modified.its a 2004 se pathfinder sport offroad. It has a small lift aftermarket wheels and tires. I'm hoping someone on this forum has a similar vehicle and let me know of there are specifics I should be looking at. I understand the basic complaints and failures but since this is the first year I'm wondering if there are unique tells or problems. It's a 1 owner great condition with only 135k on it. Any thoughts are appreciated.
If you feel you have a solid base or understanding of the Armada you're looking at I say go for it. The older first generations can be had for a low cost. I've seen several in our area like the one you described for great prices. Never hurts to have a PPI though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
so from reading this, it is safe to buy either 2011,2012,2013 Armada with mileage starting from 100k to 160k? Are they strong cars? and is the display for navigation screen touchscreen? also can you play music from you phone while it’s connected to bluetooth? sorry i have a lot of questions

·
Super Moderator
5,563 Posts
car is only as good as it previous owner(s) but the car has a long history of satisfied users. ive had 2 armadas and a qx.

the nav display is touch screen yes.

some old models will not stream music through bluetooth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, Im hoping to learn much about the Armadas here. I getting ready to look at a 2011 Platinum with 102k miles. Its time for me to part ways with my ol this t Expedition which has been great to me. Its a 2000 Eddie Bauer. I've had it for couple decads with 205,xxx. Only reason to part is some rust is starting to pop through the rocker panels. Whoever gets this truck will be able to drive it till the rust kills it. Ive maintained her with open checkbook. All, and I mean all fluids dropped every other year (15k miles), oil changes every 3k w synthetic. Truck is pristine except for rocker panel rust.

Found a nice white/tan for sale asking a little on the high side at $15k but I figure I'll trade my truck get maybe $3k and have them knock off $1000 from price and badabing!

Ive read a lot on Armadas. Fell in love with them when I rented a 2018. Wow. My budget is cash purchase so I have to keep it reasonable.

The one Im looking at is a southern car, no accidents, I'll get it checked out on a lift etc.

Do you guys think $15k w 102,000 miles is high price? Any thing specific I should look for when checking her out?

Thank you and I hope to contribute whenever I learn anything.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Welcome! A couple of things.....just like any used car, a complete maintenance history is key. So hopefully the one you're looking at has that. Second, get an inspection. May help in your negotiations. Look closely at exhaust manifolds (they tend to crack, and are expensive to replace), suspension, and obviously for any crash damage that didn't make the Carfax. And, third, note that the 2011 is significantly different from the 2018 that you rented. Different platform, similar engine (but with less horsepower), different interior (older has more room than the newer, but not as nice).

Price isn't bad. Is it 4WD?

Keith

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have an aging Murano and was looking to get into a Pathfinder. By pure accident I ended up driving an Armada Platinum Reserve and falling in love with it! I historically don't like large vehicles, but boy was that a nice ride.

Anything I need to look out for on these used? I plan to read all the forums over the next few days, but is there a primer or faq on buying these used I can look at? I'm looking at 2017+. It'll be mostly a camping/skiing vehicle, and the size will be handy when going to the hill for a week or two and hauling 3 dogs and enough goods/skiis/etc for a few week stay.

The one I'm looking at has three $2000 collision claims, which seems suspicious to me, and I historically avoid anything with a collision as they can be faked for amount, true damage, weird things can happen that I've personally seen in almost new cars (hit a squirrel, have a head gasket issue a year later proven because of it , long story). Should I be concerned about small collisions like that on this thing since it appears to be built like a tank?

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Like any used vehicle, pay to have it inspected. A good inspector will be able to tell you what damage has occurred to the vehicle. Look for maintenance history. There are a lot of these vehicles out there for sale, particularly since a bunch of then got put into the various rental car fleets. So, don't jump at the first one you see. Lots more to choose from.

Keith

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if the QX56 would cost more in maintenance than the Mada, being associated with ‘luxury brand’ Infiniti and all..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Potential New Owner--what to look out for?

Hello all, I just joined. Have never owned a Nissan before. Looking for a 10 - 14 low-miles 4WD Armada. Just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of in regards to differences in year models, for example a 4WD problem in the 2009 model that was corrected in later models. Are there 4WD models and AWD models out there or just 4Wd. ?
I have an 2009. Its currently at 251,000 miles. Gets oil changed every 3k. Stuff is gonna die, like a cam sensor etc, mine hS had each wheel bearing and hub done. But its a beast , I love it and its going to college this year for my daughters last 3 . I trust that car to get her through all her driving conditions and daily class runs. Actually hate parting with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

first post here as I am looking at purchasing a used Armada and was hoping to get some insight from current owners. I apologize in advance if this isn't the right board for this tpe of question. Currently I have found a 2015 Platinum at a dealer with 54,000 miles for $26,500. There is also a 2018 SL with 40,000 miles at Carmax for 35,000. both are 4WD. This vehicle will not be a daily driver and will mainly be used to pull a trailer and going on vacations (and as a backup to our daily driver). I looked at the vehicle history and the 2015 was owned by the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Department, while the 2018 was a rental on Hawaii.

Reading through some post, I see some people feel like the 2nd generation was a downgrade from the 1st as several features were removed. at this point I am undecided as which way to go. For me, I'll be trading up from a 2008 base Kia Sportage, so pretty much anything will be a huge upgrade for me. I plan on taking a look at the vehicles next week to get an ideal of how they drive and look in person, but am trying to do as much research as possible beforehand. Any advice anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

thanks everyone,
Eric

·
Super Moderator
5,563 Posts
in my opinion i would not get a rental.

if you read that there are features "missing" from the second gen, do those "features" matter to you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there first post here, so hello to everyone. I'm looking at possibly might first Armada, a straight swap deal no money exchanged with a 2006 SE with 343k miles on it. The engine and radiator were swapped out less than 40k miles ago, also last month the transmission had an oil change which was done because the owner was experiencing power loss but it turned out to be a MAF sensor.

I've test driven the car it drives well and in decent shape overall inside and out. Only issue I found was a flashing airbag light and the horn not working so I'm thinking thats probably a clock spring.

I've never had such a high mileage car before and somehow thing almost everything is on end of life cycle and I'm thinking I probably might have to keep replacing bits on it continuously as parts keep dying out on me due to age and wear and tear.

I might not keep it for long and upgrade to a new post face lift and better kitted out with much less mileage one.

What does the collective wisdom of the forum say about this. I could get it and it should be alright as it still has a lot of life left or at 343k miles its at the end of its life so let it die a natural death.

P.S : I do plan on doing some decent off roading with it but no towing. Which also makes me think if I get one that is too nice and clean I wouldn't want to take it off road and bash it up.

Tks marcotronixx, it is a 2004 LE. No electrical mods at all bone stock. I did have an issue with the delta brake sensor that I posted a month or so back, ie, the same problems everyone else described. That has only happened 2x in that time frame, never got the code. When turning the key to start, everything just shuts down. I will continue to charge and check the doors etc. Thanks again...

Well I just went out and checked everything. Battery at 90%, Key on all ok, key start,... dead, but then lights on the dash start flashing. Took the key out and you can hear a whirring sound and the tach and speedo do a little pulsing dance while dash lights flash. The dash light with the little key inside the car is flashing, guess that is the immobilizer or alarm? I did have an issue a few months ago where the car alarm went off after work, after it started no issues, then when I got home it went off again. No problems since. The brake pedal is harder to push than usual, different than when the delta stroke sensor acted up. Can't get it out of park in any key position.

No without any key in the ignition at all it is ticking like some demented alarm clock, if I put my foot on the brake it stop...lol

Ok, last post for this one. This Armada is approaching the weirdness of my Volvo Cabrio, and you have to travel a fair distance for that!!! Unhooked the battery and charged it now at 100% Ran through the self test, ya know, key on press door jamb 10 times within 20 seconds so all the system components are polled, headlights ac ac fan etc etc. After the test, she started right up. Idled fine, everything works, all lights seats horn ac etc. I did notice that I have the original IPDM which is white, also battery connection could have had something to do with it. 102 heat index right now, so at least the problem is solved, for now. Oh, also no codes. As always, advice from this site is superb as well as the search function. Many thanks!!!

81 - 100 of 104 Posts