Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,554 Posts
hello and welcome.
lots of advice in this thread and there are lots of owners who have high mileage armadas.

of course a used car is only as good as its previous owners, so keep that in mind.

the armada is a tank and the 2006 saw some improvements over the earlier models.

id look at the manifolds and any rust.

yes sounds like a clockspring issue to me as well, especially if the controls on the wheel are flaky acting too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello and welcome.
lots of advice in this thread and there are lots of owners who have high mileage armadas.

of course a used car is only as good as its previous owners, so keep that in mind.

the armada is a tank and the 2006 saw some improvements over the earlier models.

id look at the manifolds and any rust.

yes sounds like a clockspring issue to me as well, especially if the controls on the wheel are flaky acting too.
Hey thanks for the welcome. I'll probably be the 3rd owner of this. Rust really isn't an issue in these hot dry arid desert conditions unless there are some bits on it that like to rust for no reason :D
I'm just slightly bummed its a basic SE with cloth seats, no suroof etc etc. Coming from theluxury of a Range Rover, its quite a step down.

FYI and for bragging rights. 😁 I was actually on the team that did the hot weather and desert testing on two test mule prototypes in the early 2000s so you could say I have a tiny hand in the outcome of of these fine vehicles so I always knew what they were capable of but its only recently the prices have dropped and I've finally decided to break loyalty from the Land Rover brand which Ive had for the past 17 years and 7 land rovers worth. I've owned every Land Rover worth owning and the newer ones still too holding their price.

So I decided to look into the Armadas.

P.S : Sorry to bore you I talk a lot! :censored:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good evening everyone. I will try to keep this short and sweet. I am in the market for a second generation Armada, and I am strongly interested with one for sale close to my area. I did my research on this forum, the QX56, and the Titan forums and learned that the biggest issue with the 5.6L engine is the infamous engine knock which will require a full engine replacement. I tried asking around and reading up on threads, and I got mixed opinions on the vehicle. Can anyone shed some knowledge to help me make the decision. The most common advice I get is ask or purchase an extended warranty which is great and all, but I am planning to keep the vehicle for a very long time. I can't help but think what if this issue is reoccurring later in the vehicle's life. Thanks for your help in advanced hope to hear from you all.

·
Super Moderator
5,554 Posts
congrats on getting close to finding the car you want.

you are going to continue to get "mixed" opinions since everyone has their own experience with cars. since you did your research already. at some point you need to decide what you want to do.

whatever used car you choose to get, have a trustworthy mechanic look it over. a used car is only as good as its previous owners.

check the codes at the obd port if any, kick the tires, look for rust, check the carfax, smoke over the maintenance records.

again, use your own judgement, and read over this thread.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts