Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the first month of owner ship I lost one set of key and remote :eek:
I am glad I did not lose my key chain with the two keys (Master and valet) and remote. My question - is it possible to program the new key or remote myself or it has to be done by dealer. Has any one has done it before ? I think I am looking at about ~$300 :mad: Thanks in Advance.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I'm about 99.9% positive that there is a way to do it by yourself. I don't think it's in the instruction manual though, not to mention you would have to get a specialized Nissan key that's programmable. But who knows, it might be easier and cheaper to get one through your dealer?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
OffRoadinArmada said:
I'm about 99.9% positive that there is a way to do it by yourself. I don't think it's in the instruction manual though, not to mention you would have to get a specialized Nissan key that's programmable. But who knows, it might be easier and cheaper to get one through your dealer?
I have the electronic Nissan Repair manual for the Titan (I assume it is mostly the same for the Mada) it is on section BL 91 (pages 92 and 93?) on how to reprogram without the ODB computer. PM me you email and I can send you those pages.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
RKS said:
I have the electronic Nissan Repair manual for the Titan (I assume it is mostly the same for the Mada) it is on section BL 91 (pages 92 and 93?) on how to reprogram without the ODB computer. PM me you email and I can send you those pages.
Did you find that manual somewhere other than Nissan. I saw a price of $210 on a service manual online from Nissan. For a freakin' book? No way! I could really use an electronic manual.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
luvmyarmada said:
Did you find that manual somewhere other than Nissan. I saw a price of $210 on a service manual online from Nissan. For a freakin' book? No way! I could really use an electronic manual.
email me. the addy is in my profile.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Also, I'm curious, do all Armada remotes have the 4 (lock/unlock/gate/panic) buttons? Regardless of whether or not the vehicle has a power liftgate?

Anyone w/ a manual liftgate have/use a remote with 4 buttons?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
No, us lacking the tailgate open/close option only have 3 buttons - lock/unlock/panic.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
It should work fine, I'd imagine the buttons throw off the same signals, minus the extra tailgate option.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Programming the remote is a breeze

Bought a remote for $14 off of ebay and programming of the remote was a breeze. It took less than 5 minutes. The remote that I bought was listed as 2004 Armada with 4 buttons and my SE remote has 3 buttons but it worked. Now I am on to find a cheap way to find Blank Nissan keys and have them cut and programmed. Has any one done that and if yes how much did it cost? I did not find a way in Service manual to do it myself. I think it has to be done by dealer or a key shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts