24" Concept Neeper Vandals
305/35/24
CnJ 2 pc grille
....for now.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Sweet Looking Ride

Sweet lookin ride with 24"ers. I was gonna' go 24"s but wallet wasn't deep enough. I stuck with 22"s. Where about in SoCal are you?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gunslinger420 said:
Sweet lookin ride with 24"ers. I was gonna' go 24"s but wallet wasn't deep enough. I stuck with 22"s. Where about in SoCal are you?
thx bro! i'm in the chino hills area, how 'bout you?

post some pix of your ride!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
MacFly said:
thx bro! i'm in the chino hills area, how 'bout you?

post some pix of your ride!
Here you go......I have it posted on other threads also. Might as well post one here too. After looking at yours, man, I should've waited to go for 24's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
m4ck said:
MacFly that is a sweet ride man. Just beautiful. Love the shoe on it.
M4ck
thx M4ck! i searched high and low for the perfect rims. was gonna go with 22"s but once they put 'em on, i just didn't think they were big enough. our rides is huge!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gunslinger420 said:
Here you go......I have it posted on other threads also. Might as well post one here too. After looking at yours, man, I should've waited to go for 24's.
that's sweet bro! ya, as i was saying above......i got 22's and even 23's, but they didn't fit right in my eyes. so i dug a lil deeper in the pockets for the 24's. and you know, there's a huge price jump from 22/23's to 24's! not only with the rims themselves, but also the tires.

but one thing we do share is the hard looking grille's! i was thoroughly impressed when they installed it and saw it for the very first time! it went from looking like a calm 17 yr old, to a ragin' horny 21 yr old ready to rock!!! lol it makes HUGE difference in the appearance, more than the 4pc that's out there. i pressed the GM of my dealership to throw in my CnJ grille's.....that's what closed the deal for me! :D

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Mac, that is a sweet ass truck....That is the same grill that i am picking up on ebay and should have my 24's within a month. Chino Hills,,,I play at Big League Dreams in Chino a few times a week. I live in Riverside

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
UNIT said:
Mac, that is a sweet ass truck....That is the same grill that i am picking up on ebay and should have my 24's within a month. Chino Hills,,,I play at Big League Dreams in Chino a few times a week. I live in Riverside
Inland empire / San Gabriel Valley sure seems to be the place for Armada's! I'm in Glendora.

Keith

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UNIT said:
MacFly, how is the ride on those 24's??? I know to expect some loss of comfort, but how bumpy does it feel?
the ride is nice! as a passenger, you hardly notice the difference from the stock shoes. as the driver, bumps on the road is a lil bit more noticable.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Hmmm....

MacFly said:
the ride is nice! as a passenger, you hardly notice the difference from the stock shoes. as the driver, bumps on the road is a lil bit more noticable.
Nice rims, but have you found any issues with the stock brakes? Several shops and wheel techs I spoke to all told me 22's are about the max the stock brakes can handle. And even with that there was a huge difference in stopping distance/time.

I want 24-26's but am waiting to perform a brake upgrade, I just can't see the small ass calipers/rotors stopping so much added weight from the rims and tires. Especially with all the wonderful brake problems our SUV's have stock from Nissan. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PumaFiveOh said:
Nice rims, but have you found any issues with the stock brakes? Several shops and wheel techs I spoke to all told me 22's are about the max the stock brakes can handle. And even with that there was a huge difference in stopping distance/time.

I want 24-26's but am waiting to perform a brake upgrade, I just can't see the small ass calipers/rotors stopping so much added weight from the rims and tires. Especially with all the wonderful brake problems our SUV's have stock from Nissan. :rolleyes:
i've put on 4,500 miles on my 'mada, 4,200 miles rollin' on the rims you see there. i haven't had any problems with my brakes and although the truck is heavier than stock.....i've notice a lil difference in stop distance.

i took my 'mada for it's first extensive road trip over the wknd. i drove my family up to san fran. i put roughly 1,000 miles on during the trip. for those of you who has traveled from la to san fran, you go through gorman. both legs of the trip coming down from gorman was fine, had a few idiots slamming on their brakes in front of me.....and the 'mada handled it fine. i was satisfied with the braking distance.

in the future, when i need to replace my pads/rotars.....i would consider an upgrade, but in the meantime i don't see it as a priority.

regarding your choice in rims, i tried 25"s & 26"s........it rubbed against the wheel well. some cutting had to be done, but i didn't want to put my 'mada through that.

good luck!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Awesome...

Yeah I live in the Bay Area, so if your car didn't have any issues with the dumb ass drivers and steep hills around here then that's sweet. Good thing you brought up the rubbing issue, I completely forgot about that. I was only planning on going 10" wide with 305's...do you happen to know if that combo will rub?

I might just take the safe rout though and stick with 24's then...plus I think i would go broke trying to buy and replace 25-26" tires. Ohh yeah...were you also able to swap the tire pressure sensors on the 24's and does the system still work correctly?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PumaFiveOh said:
Yeah I live in the Bay Area, so if your car didn't have any issues with the dumb ass drivers and steep hills around here then that's sweet. Good thing you brought up the rubbing issue, I completely forgot about that. I was only planning on going 10" wide with 305's...do you happen to know if that combo will rub?

I might just take the safe rout though and stick with 24's then...plus I think i would go broke trying to buy and replace 25-26" tires. Ohh yeah...were you also able to swap the tire pressure sensors on the 24's and does the system still work correctly?
yeah, i had no problems whatsoever!!! my wife drives it alot, so if i didn't feel safe driving it.....i wouldn't let my wifey drive it.

i have 305/35's on my 24X10. and it has NEVER rubbed, so just as long as you stick with 10" wide, you'll be rub free!

as far as the tire pressure sensor, i just had them keep my OEM sensors on my OEM tires.......cuz' when i go up to the snow, i'm planning on flippin' my wheels. 24"s on the snow just ain't cutting it!lol just have them put new ones on your new rims, they don't cost that much.

make sure you post pics once you get those shoes on!! btw, have you decided which ones you're getting?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Haha,

Yeah I feel you on the 24's in the snow, that wouldn't be a good idea. lol My boys own a performance parts shop so I can get pretty good prices on rims and tires. So far I got a few rims in mind, maybe you can give me some feedback on what you think might look good.

24" Dvinchi Havok Lugs,
24" Dvinchi DV50's,
24" Giavana Abruzzo,

Or stick to what I really love, the GFG GF1-6's or GFG Flex....but those bad boys are MAJOR bank. So if I get those I'll have to stick to 22's most likely. I'll see what happens.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Just missed ya McFly! Sweet rims, sweet ride! Lived off of Butterfield Ranch Road in Ridgegate! Now I'm in the desert (Chandler, AZ) I hardly see any Armada's out here.. Mostly domestic (Chevy, GMC).

By the way, Kobe's killing the team but I still love the Lakers!!

Hope they fixed that 71 by now:) and the 91 still sucks!

FYI, traffic is just as bad out here so don't move!!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GCFiend said:
Just missed ya McFly! Sweet rims, sweet ride! Lived off of Butterfield Ranch Road in Ridgegate! Now I'm in the desert (Chandler, AZ) I hardly see any Armada's out here.. Mostly domestic (Chevy, GMC).

By the way, Kobe's killing the team but I still love the Lakers!!

Hope they fixed that 71 by now:) and the 91 still sucks!

FYI, traffic is just as bad out here so don't move!!
thx bro, appreciate it!

i know exactly where ridgegate is! what brought you to the desert?!

ya, kobe's is becoming a drama queen. but to be honest with you, i could care less what they guys do off the court......as long as they perform on the court, all i care about!

71 is still under construction, and hasn't gotten any better! the 91 still sucks, but the toll roads helps me out alot. saves me about 1 1/2 drive time one way and the company pays for my tolls, so i can't complain! lol

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Cashed Out while the market was hot, and bought cash for a house (and Armada) out here.

I'm not sure what I want to do yet with 'mada. it looks damn good stock. I like the fact I can see other peoples mods and pick the look I want.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
8 Participants
GCFiend
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing