Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new Oem shocks coming and need to figure out how to relieve the pressure without a scanner.
Do i just slowly pull the air line out of one shock after i unplug the pump or what?
thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
If you drop the arm on the level sensor down (drivers side, unscrew the one bolt on the lower control are part) it will deflate a good about of air. You will need to start and let it idle for like 30sec or so for it to do that. Should hear air rushing out and watch the rear drop when it happens. This is a picture of the part that long arm attaches to lower control arm on drivers rear side. This will take care of most of the air pressure for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you drop the arm on the level sensor down (drivers side, unscrew the one bolt on the lower control are part) it will deflate a good about of air. You will need to start and let it idle for like 30sec or so for it to do that. Should hear air rushing out and watch the rear drop when it happens. This is a picture of the part that long arm attaches to lower control arm on drivers rear side. This will take care of most of the air pressure for you.
View attachment 48465
I tried to get some air out by jacking the body up and extending the shocks out but that didn't seem to release any air . I'll try lowering the arm and see what happens like you suggested.
Thanks Wesley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts