Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Regarding the suspension, it's a common issue on the forums here. Most models (not all) have rear air shocks which wear out, totally normal, water bed is a good description! Replacing those shocks will probably make a HUGE difference, get the dealer to throw them in somehow if you can! Another possibility, not as likely but something to keep an eye out for, is if the air compressor itself went out.

As far as the rattles, I didn't think mine rattles that much...but I didn't come from a BMW either!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
hey thanks for the great reply.

A big relief that it's probably an issue with that particular car. Sounds like I should continue the hunt and keep test driving them.
You're welcome(y) Ya, the Armada is a great vehicle over all.
Is there an easy way to find out if the air compressor went out?
Most obvious is if the rear end is sagging. The springs are intentionally soft, relying on the air shocks to keep the ride level. The Armada will usually sag under it's own weight on those soft springs if the air system isn't working. You can confirm also by piling on extra weight with either a teenager and his buddies, car dealer sales staff, a trailer, etc. The compressor should kick on in about 30 seconds or so to level out from the extra weight. The compressor is located underneath, behind the drivers side wheel well. You can hear it when it turns on.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
...I been doing some reading on them and seen on Car Complaints the 2011 is rated higher then most others between 2009-2012 anyone have a 2011 and can give me more input?
As far as I know, there is no significant difference in the 2011 from the other similar production years 09-12... maybe changes to some tech upgrades i.e. sound, navigation? Hopefully someone else will chime in here.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Looks good! But as with any car things wear out. Here's some of the common ones that we all pretty much have to address at some point:

Rear air shocks. When worn out, it floats all over the place generating a whole lot of complaints here. Some times the compressor or the air lines themselves develop issues causing more extensive repairs. Also, if it's been exposed to any salty environments, suspension repairs can be a pain as parts seize up.

Exhaust manifold cracks. You have a Titan so perhaps you've dealt with this already.

Another possible thing to be aware of (also shared with the Titan as well)...the trans cooler is in the radiator. Sometimes it cracks and the fluids mix. Bad for transmission!

There's plenty of threads here addressing all these issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts