Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
New member shopping for Armada

Hi everyone. My name is Seth and we live in Indiana. We are currently shopping for a Armada to replace my wife’s 98 Expedition. I have read on here to try and go 2008 and up. It does seem that these have to be pretty reliable as quite a few people keep them into the high 200 or 300,000 mile categories. Also what is real world mileage as I have heard it’s bad. My expedition has never gotten more the 13 mpg. Is the Armada comparable?

I wrench on my cars myself 99% of the time so I am trying to put a list together of things to worry about. Please feel free to add to the list or correct me if I am wrong.

1. Coolant getting into the transmission. (Was there a recall on this? If not is the fix a new radiator, transmisssion lines?)

2. Exhaust manifolds, many seem to replace with headers? Any brand that is better then another?

3. Rear bushings wear prematurely?

That’s my short list as I have much more to learn. Looked at one with the power third row but the big side wasn’t working. Are these repairable or do you just have to installed a new motor? Are these expensive?

Thank you all a head of time for any help or insight you can give. It’s between a Sequioa and an Armada but my wife loved the Armada.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Not sure about the best reliability. I think the dealer inspection is a good idea. Hope it works out for you. Only thoughts are if you are pulling it a bunch the 08 and up had larger brakes. No matter what I would be interested to what the dealer says.

Post up some pics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts