Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Well this just happened after 7 years of ownership. Total loss, all because some dumb ass ran a red light really late.
Looking at purchasing another. Having experience and knowing the issues with the 06 models, are the issues with the 08-16 still the same? ie. brake booster and catalytic converters. Have had the brake problems with the booster where all of the lights come on and the brakes sound like they are grinding.

Are the '17 to '21 models much, much better?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I'll stick with 1st Gen models...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, new member here.
I'm seeking input about pre-owned Armadas due to the more realistic prices or a well priced and well maintained Q type.
I've up to now owned a Highlander and it's been a great vehicle but only for tent camping and lighter loads.
I'm working with family to create a glamping site with trailer capabilities (no hook-up) in Norther Arizona and to do so we
really need to also have a trailer to stay on site ourselves during construction of a dome and site preparations.
I'm 6'5" and like standing upright, as well as needing a long enough sleeping situation.
So I like what I have heard about Armadas, or Q-56 or newer combined with a reasonable sized trailer.
Has anyone experienced either very good or very bad situations from that combination?
And if any travelers have some advice for this upgrade please feel free to answer here or to my email.
[ADMIN NOTE - email removed for security and safety]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m in the market for a used Nissan Armada. I’ve been looking at a few, but many of the used Armadas have 3-4 owners. Rentals and non-rentals. What should I look for if I find a low mileage clean Armada with multiple owners? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
Maryland, USA
43 Posts
Maintenance records would be my priority no matter how many owners. For myself, I would never consider buying a former rental vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maintenance records would be my priority no matter how many owners. For myself, I would never consider buying a former rental vehicle.
I’m definitely going to request maintenance records. I found one in my area, single owner with 158k miles. I’ve read on here what to look for as far as the exhaust manifold and other possible problems. Getting a mechanic to inspect it will probably be a good option as well I see. Should I be hesitant to buy one with that mileage? It’s a 2013 and interior looks to be in great shape. Haven’t seen the engine or underside of the armada yet.

·
Administrator
6,335 Posts
mileage is not a real concern for this vehicle. there are many members with over 200K and even some with over 300K miles (there is a thread). but like i always say, a used car is only as good as its previous owner(s). check maintenance records, check for TSBs, check for any codes at the obd port. ask the owner what idiosyncrasies the car may have. test the AC/refrigerant and the viscous fan. if you are in the rust belt check for rust. having a mechanic versed on nissans would be icing on the cake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mileage is not a real concern for this vehicle. there are many members with over 200K and even some with over 300K miles (there is a thread). but like i always say, a used car is only as good as its previous owner(s). check maintenance records, check for TSBs, check for any codes at the obd port. ask the owner what idiosyncrasies the car may have. test the AC/refrigerant and the viscous fan. if you are in the rust belt check for rust. having a mechanic versed on nissans would be icing on the cake.
Ok thanks for the replies!
The one thing that has me worried is the cracking in the exhaust manifolds. This problem seems to come up a lot and is/can be a pricey fix. A fix that might have to be done multiple times.

Ok thanks for the replies!
The one thing that has me worried is the cracking in the exhaust manifolds. This problem seems to come up a lot and is/can be a pricey fix. A fix that might have to be done multiple times.
Also is the exhaust manifold just in older models or newer such as 2010 until now.

·
Administrator
6,335 Posts
manifolds on newer armadas were not as problematic as older more vintage model years. the good thing is you can usually hear this on a cold engine.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts