Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
hey thanks for the great reply.

A big relief that it's probably an issue with that particular car. Sounds like I should continue the hunt and keep test driving them.
You're welcome(y) Ya, the Armada is a great vehicle over all.
Is there an easy way to find out if the air compressor went out?
Most obvious is if the rear end is sagging. The springs are intentionally soft, relying on the air shocks to keep the ride level. The Armada will usually sag under it's own weight on those soft springs if the air system isn't working. You can confirm also by piling on extra weight with either a teenager and his buddies, car dealer sales staff, a trailer, etc. The compressor should kick on in about 30 seconds or so to level out from the extra weight. The compressor is located underneath, behind the drivers side wheel well. You can hear it when it turns on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone.....Armada newbie here. We are in the market for a 2015 Armada Platinum and have a question or two. First off....what RPM's should one be running at highway speeds? We test drove one yesterday and it felt like it should have upshifted one more time. I tried to count the shifts as I accelerated but the last one was really smooth and barely a shift. At about 63MPH, it was running about 2100-2200 RPM's on the highway on fairly level road. That seems a bit high. That is about what my Ford Excursion runs with 4.30:1 gears. Also.....for a used 2015 Platinum (preferably 4x4) are there any well known pitfalls I should be on the look out for? The one we test drove did have an electric brake controller installed which tells me they more than likely the previous owner did a lot of towing. Would ya'll be concerned about buying a used one that was used for towing on the regular? Thanks in advance for any and all information ya'll can share. Have a great day!

Jim

·
Administrator
6,651 Posts
RPMS will vary depending on a number of factors so no one size fits all on that. what may be happening is the cars ECM needs to be reset to reset the shift points. this thread can give you the steps to do that - involves pedal and push button sequences. this would reset the shift points and even give you some low end torque back.

you are welcome to peruse this thread for more info on what others have asked but id prefer to have a car that did more highway driving than city driving.

this car is no different than any other car in terms of thigns to look for. if you have a reputable mechanic, have them smoke it over before you sign your name on the dotted line. use carfax, get the vin and go to a local nissan shop and have them run it to see if any tsbs or maintenance records can be seen. look for rust, cats. o2 sensors, check for codes at the obd port.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone thanks for the add im currently looking to get a armada 4x4 2009-2012 for size and 3rd row I use to be a Chevy guy and would love to get a Tahoe but after last one I had im done with them from lifter problems, AFM bul**** and other stuff so here iam ....I been doing some reading on them and seen on Car Complaints the 2011 is rated higher then most others between 2009-2012 anyone have a 2011 and can give me more input?

Colorfulness Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
...I been doing some reading on them and seen on Car Complaints the 2011 is rated higher then most others between 2009-2012 anyone have a 2011 and can give me more input?
As far as I know, there is no significant difference in the 2011 from the other similar production years 09-12... maybe changes to some tech upgrades i.e. sound, navigation? Hopefully someone else will chime in here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon everyone ! Thank you for having me , this is a great site and look forward to learning and interacting with you. Bear with me please...first post. Just bought a 2012 Armada SV. Is there anything that I should be aware off ? Does this year have any problems that are common for the year , or just in general ? Thank you very much for any suggestions , recommendations or help. Have a blessed evening and Thank You !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody, my wife and have said goodbye to the impractical and sporty cars in our lives....and are about to take the full-size Armada journey. Kids and, well, life in general seem to be ushering us in this direction. Was just curious what, if any, advice some of you might have. We're narrowing down to a 2017-18 Platinum trim with 2nd row buckets. Neither of us have ever owned a Nissan. Top of mind for us is reliability. I'm curious if the Nissan CPO is actually worth the extra money on the used market or if its just a marketing ploy. Doesn't seem like it covers much more than powertrain. Which I wasn't expecting to be much of an issue anyway.

Anywho, wide open to advice on options, trim levels, year to avoid etc etc.

Looking forward to getting to know this community!

Thanks in advance,
James

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Not sure about the newer ones, mine is an 04 but I tell people this when they consider an armada and that is don’t get one unless youre mechanical savvy. These trucks can be problematic but they are fairly simple to fix and once you get them corrected they will run damn good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fount a 2010 Platinum, Black/Black body and Interior real nice, new tires looks great
what should I look for before buying? I'm gonna ask them to put on a lift to inspect
everything I can see under there, it runs good, and is priced right (4995) Brakes, trans, diff, engine leaks if any major found I will walk. Anything else I should be aware of?
BTW I have an 07 Titan I bot new and know these motors pretty good. Thanks here's the 2010
Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light

Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Sky

Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Radio Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Looks good! But as with any car things wear out. Here's some of the common ones that we all pretty much have to address at some point:

Rear air shocks. When worn out, it floats all over the place generating a whole lot of complaints here. Some times the compressor or the air lines themselves develop issues causing more extensive repairs. Also, if it's been exposed to any salty environments, suspension repairs can be a pain as parts seize up.

Exhaust manifold cracks. You have a Titan so perhaps you've dealt with this already.

Another possible thing to be aware of (also shared with the Titan as well)...the trans cooler is in the radiator. Sometimes it cracks and the fluids mix. Bad for transmission!

There's plenty of threads here addressing all these issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Club.Armada Family...I will be looking to join this wonderful forum and community in making my first purchase. I've always been a major fan of the 2011 Nissan Armada and I found an affordable one here in my area. I've been looking at a couple vehicles and reading about them but before I made a big decision I wanted to check with the community if there is anything that I should look into before committing.

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection today:
  • coolant or oil leaks
  • noises in the engine
  • check transmission for slips jolts etc
  • verify all electrics / features / lights
The asking price is $11,900 and it has 104,000 miles with a Salvage Title.

If you guys have any suggestions on what to check.
Looking forward to joining this family, thanks
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Car Vehicle Mirror Plant Gear shift

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would get information about why it has a salvage title, what was all damaged and get receipt for the repairs. From the pictures it looks like the dash on the passenger side looks like it has been stitched back together, so maybe airbags have been deployed. If it was for my family I wouldn’t get a car if the safety restraint system is compromised.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts