Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see many on the Titan board have installed this kit in short time and are very happy with it.
Im surprised I cannot find anyone on this board who has installed/discussed it.

I would like to get this kit for my new mada, any comments are welcome!
http://www.xenonking.com/5000.htm

Thanks,
Eric
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
178 Posts
impex4 said:
I see many on the Titan board have installed this kit in short time and are very happy with it.
Im surprised I cannot find anyone on this board who has installed/discussed it.

I would like to get this kit for my new mada, any comments are welcome!
http://www.xenonking.com/5000.htm

Thanks,
Eric
Yeah there was a discussion about them LONG LONG time ago. I was going to get a pair but then decided to wait and maybe go with the real Philips ballasts, but those don't come in a plug and play application at the moment. So I might just end up ordering the lesser quality McCulloch's. They are average to maybe a little better then average when it comes to quality from what I have been told by people in the industry.

Plus it looks like all HID kits are going to become illegal in the near future, as Halogen housings were not designed to handle the different light pattern of an HID bulb. But what cop is going to know if you have a real HID equipped vehicle or HID upgraded vehicle. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,409 Posts
PumaFiveOh said:
Yeah there was a discussion about them LONG LONG time ago. I was going to get a pair but then decided to wait and maybe go with the real Philips ballasts, but those don't come in a plug and play application at the moment. So I might just end up ordering the lesser quality McCulloch's. They are average to maybe a little better then average when it comes to quality from what I have been told by people in the industry.

Plus it looks like all HID kits are going to become illegal in the near future, as Halogen housings were not designed to handle the different light pattern of an HID bulb. But what cop is going to know if you have a real HID equipped vehicle or HID upgraded vehicle. :D
I wanted to install the HID, and asked the dealer if they carry them, their response was that the HID will fry the wiring on the Armada, this is really confusing, and is that true?
BTW, I like the Signature
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
248 Posts
ggeorgie said:
I wanted to install the HID, and asked the dealer if they carry them, their response was that the HID will fry the wiring on the Armada, this is really confusing, and is that true?
BTW, I like the Signature
I dont see why they would say this, as the wiring for the Armada is no different than any other vehicle out there. HID lights only draw 35 watts a piece, which is roughly 16 or so watts less than the standard 9006 Halogen bulb. I don't see how HIDs can fry a harness. If installed correctly, nothing should go wrong. I have had aftermarket HID before in the past and nothing went wrong.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
178 Posts
I know that with the real Philips ballasts, and the older style configurations you had to always splice wires and run power from the ballast to the battery directly....I'm sure that there were some problems with people doing Mickey Mouse connections.

Anyway I'm sure all of that has been fixed with the latest plug and play connectors like the McCullochs. However this website posted look like they might have a plug and play setup for the Philips ballasts also?? I'll have to contact them and find out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
TooTall said:
I dont see why they would say this, as the wiring for the Armada is no different than any other vehicle out there. HID lights only draw 35 watts a piece, which is roughly 16 or so watts less than the standard 9006 Halogen bulb. I don't see how HIDs can fry a harness. If installed correctly, nothing should go wrong. I have had aftermarket HID before in the past and nothing went wrong.
Its called a convienent excuse, but isn't true.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top