Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,590 Posts
And people say the Nissan/Infiniti's have reliability issues! Take a look at Mercedes reliability, makes our cars look perfect.

Keith
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
264 Posts
betcha 20 bucks the 07' Qx and Madas are gonna make that thing look like a dog on the drag strip.

Mercedes,Chyrsler,Dodge,jeep-:bow: -Nissan,Infiniti,renault
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28 Posts
SilverQShip said:
betcha 20 bucks the 07' Qx and Madas are gonna make that thing look like a dog on the drag strip.

Mercedes,Chyrsler,Dodge,jeep-:bow: -Nissan,Infiniti,renault
That is hilarious.

I can't believe anyone would actually take a porky SUV to the drag strip.

p.s. My MB SUV was much faster than my QX and more importantly (froma fun factor standpoint) handled much, much better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
55 Posts
You should ask some german ML - owners;
the technical quality is poor: they have so much problems with the new
7-geartronic. And Mercedes - as usual - lets their custumers standing alone in the rain with those problems.
I hate this MB-habits here in Germany. That´s the reason wy they lost me as a custumer....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,408 Posts
Andreas said:
You should ask some german ML - owners;
the technical quality is poor: they have so much problems with the new
7-geartronic. And Mercedes - as usual - lets their custumers standing alone in the rain with those problems.
I hate this MB-habits here in Germany. That´s the reason wy they lost me as a custumer....
Hey Andreas, were able to take the speed limiter off? or are you still going 112MPH on the autoban? :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
55 Posts
@ ggeorgie
hey,
so far I was not able to take the speedlimiter off.
But that doesn´t disturb me so much anymore;
since I have the car and drive it dayli i figured, that crusing is
real fun with the QX.
While driving on the Autobahn with 80/90mph I look down to the crowd
of restless hounting little ML´s and their drivers and feel sorry for them...
(on the other hand those guys are lucky because their cars are driving
jet and not - as usual - standing at the MB-service point because off electronical problems...)
Anyway, my QX goes 112mph in a very relax way. I wouldn´t mind if someone finds a solution for this speedlimiter some day...
Have a nice day,
Andreas
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
264 Posts
justsomeguy said:
That is hilarious.

I can't believe anyone would actually take a porky SUV to the drag strip.

p.s. My MB SUV was much faster than my QX and more importantly (froma fun factor standpoint) handled much, much better.
So what kinda glorified chrysler did you own? I've personally driven the ml range (except the amg but thats bleeding expensive probably) and to say the most, not impressive. Their slow cars, small and doesnt compete with a Qx (competes with the Fx and one of those will out handle a cayenne). Ill give you the point about handling but not straight line performance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28 Posts
SilverQShip said:
So what kinda glorified chrysler did you own?
You can't be serious with that brand loyalty goofiness, can you? They're just trucks after all.

I owned a ML430 and then an ML55. (pre-Chrysler days BTW since that apparently matters to you.)

SilverQShip said:
Ill give you the point about handling but not straight line performance.
What is less than a second's difference 0-60 / 1/4 mile in porky trucks (430 vs. QX56) a big deal? Really. I find the virtual chest thumping about huge, relatively slow vehicles VERY funny.

They're utility vehicles folks. Not sports cars.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
264 Posts
A few miliseconds can mean a few car lengths as well. I know these arent sports cars but it'll nuke a few sports cars to 60. For example, bmw 325, mercedes c230,lexus is 300, bmw 530, bmw 525,lexus es 330, lexus ls 430. etc.. etc (i bet more mercs would be in the list but i'm no expert on mercedes). You forgot to mention that i said the ml compete with a Qx and it actually competes with an Fx(fx45 vs cadillac srx, bmw x5 4.4 vs cayenne s and beat all of them around a track). :moon:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
justsomeguy said:
You can't be serious with that brand loyalty goofiness, can you? They're just trucks after all.

I owned a ML430 and then an ML55. (pre-Chrysler days BTW since that apparently matters to you.)



What is less than a second's difference 0-60 / 1/4 mile in porky trucks (430 vs. QX56) a big deal? Really. I find the virtual chest thumping about huge, relatively slow vehicles VERY funny.

They're utility vehicles folks. Not sports cars.
EXACTLY! This puppy (Armada) is plenty fast for everyday driving in the war zone. Driving this big wagon keeps me from driving outlandishly fast in a sports car or sports sedan and where would that get me, besides in some big trouble! (Plus, I can tow the boat and load it up with the family and it doesn't really slow down much).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
264 Posts
justsomeguy said:
Ah, that explains the cluelessness.

Thanks for the clarification.
:udaman: haha very funny, i have a question for you if you like chrysler so much why did you buy a mada? anyways you still havent said anything back to me about the Fx(which is the ml's competitor). ANyways I know of a few tricks an ml55 cant do that a Q or Mada can, be useful offroad, tow a heavy whatever,and accomidate 8 people comfortable. A 55 will be faster but not a 430. Put on a volant and Borla's then come talk to me. O yea are you a troll?
:fullofit: :chillpill
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
gl insider

TitanIam said:
Looks like M/B has finally stepped up to the plate and delivered http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Dec05/09MoreDeatailsOnTheGL.html

The 420 CDi V8 looks awesome: http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050518.006

...time to trade in the Q?
hey, i'm working at the plant where they build them. so far all looks okay. i would wait at least 6 months until considering one - as with any new release. i will say the gl looks better than the R and M class. it will cost mega bucks ->50k
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28 Posts
SilverQShip said:
:udaman: haha very funny, i have a question for you if you like chrysler so much why did you buy a mada? anyways you still havent said anything back to me about the Fx(which is the ml's competitor). ANyways I know of a few tricks an ml55 cant do that a Q or Mada can, be useful offroad, tow a heavy whatever,and accomidate 8 people comfortable. A 55 will be faster but not a 430. Put on a volant and Borla's then come talk to me. O yea are you a troll?
:fullofit: :chillpill
Child, I think it's time that you start checking with mommy and daddy before you post, lest you continue to embarass them with silly posts.

Have a nice life.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Why even bring the FX and ML into this discussion? Besides they should not even be classed as SUV's. Stick them with the Lexus RX group. MPV's maybe? :)

The M/B GL is clearly a QX competitor. That 420 V8 CDi looks awesome and will kick butt! :whip:

0-60 in 6.1 seconds
150 mph (limited)
315 Hp
540 Lb-ft
25mpg !!! :machinegu
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28 Posts
TitanIam said:
Why even bring the FX and ML into this discussion? Besides they should not even be classed as SUV's. Stick them with the Lexus RX group. MPV's maybe? :)
Yes, the FX is just another tall car trying to be an SUV.

The fiirst MLs (W163) are a different class of vehicles. Ladder frames, capable off road, low range, etc.
 
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top