Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mostly used terry cloth to wash and dry my cars, but i finally got microfiber clothes. It is BADASS! There is no lint, one swipe and it picks up all the water. Go to sam's club and get the microfiber clothes that are bright yellow. They are in a 16 pack for $11 I believe. Today I used s100 carnuba wax from the harley store and it's pretty good. I washed and waxed it today for the first time :) I'll take better pics tomorrow when there's daylight. It took me almost 4 hours to detail it and that was only the exterior.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Hey thanks for the tip, as much as I love my truck I never look forward to washing/drying her. The worst part is drying and I've used several types of towels and they all leave some form of lint or just a pain in my ash to use (mostly on the roof).

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
The asorber is great at suckin up water but it is not the safest thing for your paint. If you are not careful dirt can get trapped under it and be drug across your paint. I use a couple of high quality 100% cotton bath towels. You need to make sure they are made in the USA as the foreign manufactures often use polyester thread around the hem which can scratch the paint. Here is a good link on the subject. fyi I use their product and love it, I have probably 10 coats on and it really gives the paint a deep look, its worth every penny in my book (and I'm a cheap a$$ :) ).

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
llajumpvid said:
The asorber is great at suckin up water but it is not the safest thing for your paint. If you are not careful dirt can get trapped under it and be drug across your paint. I use a couple of high quality 100% cotton bath towels. You need to make sure they are made in the USA as the foreign manufactures often use polyester thread around the hem which can scratch the paint. Here is a good link on the subject. fyi I use their product and love it, I have probably 10 coats on and it really gives the paint a deep look, its worth every penny in my book (and I'm a cheap a$$ :) ).
YES, Zaino comes highly reccomended by all my buddies who do custom bike shows. I have not used it yet, but it is supposed to be simply awesome. I plan to use it on my Armada, but waiting till it gets warmer. I understand that below 50 or 55 degrees, it takes too long to dry.....as much as overnight. So as soon as it gets a little warmer, I will be applying several coats of Zaino.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Thinker62 said:
YES, Zaino comes highly reccomended by all my buddies who do custom bike shows. I have not used it yet, but it is supposed to be simply awesome. I plan to use it on my Armada, but waiting till it gets warmer. I understand that below 50 or 55 degrees, it takes too long to dry.....as much as overnight. So as soon as it gets a little warmer, I will be applying several coats of Zaino.

Nah it only takes about 20 minutes to dry even in humid Houston. I think it was the older version that took forever to dry. The new ZFX additive stuff drys quick.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Zaino

Hey llajumpvid,

So you really like the Zaino? I'm just wondering if Meguiar's NXT isn't just as good for less. I thought about the Zaino but I just can't get myself to drop $100 on a kit.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I can't comment on Meguiar as I haven't used it before. But this Zaino is GREAT. You can save yourself a few bucks and get everything in their starter kit but the Z5 which is a scratch/swirl remover, so if you don't have a need for it that will knock a few bucks off the total. The Z2 stuff goes a long ways, I've put at least 10 coats on (probably 15 but I lost track after about 6:)) and probably 6 coats on the wifes accord and still have a little left. I'm going to order some more here soon and it should last longer as I have a good base on now.

The stuff reminds me of RainX the way it repels the water, its almost like a teflon coating. I'm a cheapa$$ but this stuff is worth it imo... It's no effort to put on and wipe off either...thus the high number of coats :D .

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
check this out. I used on my maxima and the armada is next. This stuff is the bomb

www.crystalguard.com

I found this at the 350z.com site awhile ago. Hey, if it is good enough for Lambo's and Ferrari's it is definately good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hey fellas,

Don't want to be a newbie butinski, but after having a number of cars that required special attention, I can give you a good recipe that will make your baby look its best.

I am a HUGE advocate of the Zaino products. Best there is, hands down. I use the Z2, Z5, accelerant, spray detailer, and wash soap. If you invest in these products and use them as Mr. Zaino tells you to, you will not be disappointed. In fact, if you are, I will buy the remainder of your stock, no BS.

So, using the Zaino wash and an "egyptian cotton" (this is CRUCIAL to avoid marring) washcloth with the tag cut off, wash her up. FYI, Bed bath and Beyond has god prices on egyptian cotton cloths and towels (whihc is the ONLY thing I will dry my vehicles with, cloth wise). When finished, there is a product that I think is called the California water blade that looks like an opaque squeegee. It is soft as jelly and whisks away excess water very fast so that no spots form (which they shouldn't anyway if you are on the Zaino program) and absolutely no harm to the paint. Believe me, the first time I put the blade to one of my cars was nerve racking. But, it is so soft that it is harmless. Then, finish her off with a leaf blower. Crystal clear, deep shine. Heck, if you want to get real crazy, give her a dose of Zaino gloss enhancer spray. Makes it slick as owl sh*&.

This is the program that i have used for quite some time on some pretty nice cars and have never been disappointed.

Finally, I have no financial interest in Zaino Bros. stuff. It just rocks. It made my black Vette look like and feel like it was dipped in oil, except that the shine was deep.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Hey llajumpvid,

So you really like the Zaino? I'm just wondering if Meguiar's NXT isn't just as good for less. I thought about the Zaino but I just can't get myself to drop $100 on a kit.

Don't hesitate, it is the best out there. And, it is sooooooo easy to apply once you prep the vehicle. The best thing, and I don't know how they do this, is that it builds up clear meaning that the more you put on the deeper the shine. At one point, I was going a little crazy and was addicted to shine and would put Zaino on after every wash.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
....you stopped putting it on after every wash? I know what you are talking about. Last summer I was putting two coats on a weekend:). I need to do another clay bar treatment here soon. (that part sucks though).

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Reading this thread brought a smile to my face. I too use Zaino and love it.

Layering is so easy and quick to do on my Harley, I was adding virtually a layer a day. I could do that in about three minutes as there's not much sheet area to sheet metal on gas tank and two fenders.

Anyway, I had sent me an e-mail to Zaino with a question on some matter
(I can't remember now) and Sal Zaino responded with an e-mail that I should just call him.

Bottom line: Sal said there is definitive limit to the number of layers that will bond, and after that you are just wasting your time. The number was about six or seven. After that phone call I stopped the daily ritual. However, I still use and love the stuff! Just picked up the new formulation of Z2- Z2PRO.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
dickpribyl said:
Reading this thread brought a smile to my face. I too use Zaino and love it.

Layering is so easy and quick to do on my Harley, I was adding virtually a layer a day. I could do that in about three minutes as there's not much sheet area to sheet metal on gas tank and two fenders.

Anyway, I had sent me an e-mail to Zaino with a question on some matter
(I can't remember now) and Sal Zaino responded with an e-mail that I should just call him.

Bottom line: Sal said there is definitive limit to the number of layers that will bond, and after that you are just wasting your time. The number was about six or seven. After that phone call I stopped the daily ritual. However, I still use and love the stuff! Just picked up the new formulation of Z2- Z2PRO.
Probably true, but darn I love putting on a fresh coat of Z2 after a wash. I have to admit, having the silver Armada doesn't give me nearly the satisfaction as a fresh coat on a glossy black vehicle.

I like the claybar as well. :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
The clay bar works great it's just a lot more work.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Yeah

Bow (and scrub, and clean and claybar) to the big Armada.

Haha :nana:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts