Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all plz help right now I got 2 captain chairs in middle row can I take them out and put bench seat in what u guys think plz help

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
yes. there's some discussion on this in the forum. worth a bit of time to search out this section. many people have done this over the years. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes. there's some discussion on this in the forum. worth a bit of time to search out this section. many people have done this over the years. :)
I have seen the conversation on going from Captain chairs to bench. But I have not seen anyone say or mention the ability to go from bench to captain chairs. I just looked at my Armada's bench second row and the anchors in the floor on the 60$ side are only for the bench. Do i need to pull the carpet back to expose a hidden anchor so I could replace the bench with captain chairs?

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
First or second gen? If first gen, it is bolt in. Just have to find the pieces. Lots of threads over the years about this. Second gen, I have no idea if it is possible.

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
I have not seen anyone say or mention the ability to go from bench to captain chairs.

both are the same. its all bolt on.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Hello all plz help right now I got 2 captain chairs in middle row can I take them out and put bench seat in what u guys think plz help
I am on my second 04 Armada. With four kids- often with friends - my unit gets used as a bus and it does tow my 16’ flat deck with with loads very frequently. I bough the truck for its seating capacity. The first one was an 8 seater, but met its demise (rear ended). I’d bought my second one before the insurance company even got involved as I need to get the family around, it was a 7 seater.
As both were in the driveway at the same time, it was easy to start unbolting and compare.
All threaded holes are there, no issues with that.
The carpet under the Center console did need to be trimmed slightly. I good sharp knife was all that was needed. No need to remove the carpet at all.
The arm rests on the captains chairs were the biggest issue. And I admit I went a little hack here on the solution. I hadn’t read the previously mentions threads (was not a forum member at the time). Lacking the upholstery tools (and knowledge) to take the leather off, I simply used a sawsall and cut the stud off that holds the armrests. Took about 2 minutes. I’m sure some would be shaking their heads, but it works fine. I blended the sharp edges with a sanding disc on an angle grinder and completed bolting in the center seat.
the new truck is an LE, where the old truck was an SE, so the center row seat is grey and the rest of the seat upholstery is black leather. I knew ever pointed out that something was amiss.
And since the seat belt is part of the center seat Itself, that was nice to not have to deal with.

Its pretty straight forward to convert.

Byron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts