Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get approximately 400 miles to a tank of gas....400/28 gallons = 14.25 mpg not to bad for the size of the engine.

Recently I have notice that my fuel consumption has drastically decreased to around 300 miles for a tank of gas....300/28=10.71 mpg.

I have not changed anything in my driving patterns, have not towed a boat, just regular city driving.

Any suggestions or ideas why I might be loosing fuel economy so drastically.

all maintenance on recommended nissan schedule....12500 miles on vehicle :confused:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Did you switch gas stations? I increased about 1 mpg switching from Skinny's to Shell... I also dropped about 2 mpg when I went to (i think) Cefco, or something like that. All w/ 87 Oct.

That's odd though, I increased every tank just a little until I hit about 14 MPG. Now (80% Highway) I get about 13.5-14 MPG.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always use the 87 octane fuel but get it at various stations. With the higher fuel prices I look for brand name stations with the lowest price.

I just got an oil change and notice a slight increase in mpg....they were out of air filters (figure that one out) so I will be getting a new one soon and hoping it will help even more..... :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
pathfinder19
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing