Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, my experience as well. You can run it down to the stars and it'll only hold about 24 - kinda defeats the point of having a 28 gallon tank if it's going to lie to you about how much you have left.

One thing I have found though is that the OBD-II data does not lie. I have a bluetooth OBD scanner connected to my tablet and just go by the percentage of fuel it says is left. When the stars come out, it says there is 15% left in the tank... I'll run it down to about 5% before I chicken out and get gas.
My ‘06 doesn’t have the back or DTE display. What Bluetooth scanner are you using? I’ve got an iPad I I could use for this.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
My ‘06 doesn’t have the back or DTE display. What Bluetooth scanner are you using? I’ve got an iPad I I could use for this.
Thanks!
It's just a generic bluetooth OBD dongle from Amazon with the OBD Fusion android application.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
2011 Armada Platinum with 163k miles and on a good day using cruise control I can break 13 mpg. I average about 11. Post your numbers here :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is a hot topic and comes up often.

I'm getting 14-15 mpg city and mixed short highway stints. My Armada is 2013 4x4 on stock 18" wheels and stock tire size. Only mod it has would be the K&N drop in Filter from previous owner. I was running 36 psi tire Pressure but have moved it to 39 psi now.

I drive like an old lady as I know if I was flogging it there is no way I would be getting good MPG.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did 750 miles today, bringing back my new "to me" '09 LE. On some slightly worn tires, I averaged 65 mph, and 18mpg. The latter from the actual fill up, which was within a few tenths of the fuel computer.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts