Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new here and I came here because of my problems finding a replacement mirror for my 2013 armada with the tow package. After searching several parts sites I can't seem to find the tow mirror listed for the armada. After chatting with a guy on carparts.com he told me that the mirrors for the titan won't fit the armada, which shocked me because they are basically the same vehicle from the doors to the front. Is this true? Where can I find part number for the armada mirrors? We are taking a trip next month and I need to get this fixed

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
For the Nissan OE mirror part #, go to nissanpartsdeal.com and just enter your truck’s info. It should be under the Rear View Mirror prompt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That didn't work. I used the vin to look it up but it only pulls up the regular type mirrors. Maybe the previous owner installed the tow mirrors. I've already made the mistake of ordering some regular mirrors and they do not fit. The mounting system between the regular mirrors and the tow mirrors are completely different.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
I misunderstood your post regarding the tow package since the armadas didn’t actually didn’t have the option for tow mirrors with the tow package.

Just search using the Titan as your vehicle because they were available as an option for those trucks.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh gotcha. But the titan mirrors should be a direct bolt on correct?The guy on carparts.com said the plugs may be different.

What is really throwing me off is when I ordered regular mirrors they wouldn't fit because the mirrors mounting bracket has studs in it that are supposed to fit through holes in the window frame. When I took the mirror off my truck the window frame has studs on it. The mounting bracket is supposed to have holes for the studs to go through.

I just assumed they were different because of the tow package, but if they didn't come with that option then I don't know what is going on.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
You're definitely right about the OE mirrors having the studs to pass through the window frame. Any chance you've got pictures of these tow mirrors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to do some investigation tomorrow. I just put the broke one back on once I figured out that the ones I bought weren't going to work. Its been awhile now so my memory is fuzzy. I will take some pics tomorrow.

·
Administrator
6,679 Posts
lots of cats put on the titan "big tow" mirrors on first gen armadas. there are threads on this. to my knowledge nissan did not make any oem tow mirrors for the armada. sounds like a previous owner installed titan mirrors.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
The guy on carparts.com said the plugs may be different.
There are different plugs depending on what trim you have. The factory mirrors may have had a couple of more options that you lose when you switch to tow mirrors; power folding, turn signal and courtesy lights. Even though the aftermarket mirrors lose some of those features, they still have different plug options to match up to your vehicle. I think the key difference is if you have defrost or not.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I installed the ones from Trail Ridge and have no complaints. An online search for Titan big tow mirrors should bring up what your looking for. As the previous post suggests, be sure you get ones with the correct options for your truck.

·
Premium Member
2006 Nissan Armada SE 4WD
5 Posts
I have an '06 Armada and I installed the chrome big tow titan mirrors, they direct bolt and look so much better. Definitely enhanced my rear view as well. The wiring harnesses are different so you have to do some splicing there but it's worth it!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts