Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning my 04 Armada LE for 14 months now, I just noticed that the front center console which has the DVD player inside is missing the lock. I happened to be driving one day opening the console to give my son a headphone and while grabbing for the latch my finger went into a hole where the lock should be. I went into the manual and yep, there shoul dbe a lock there with a key slot. Are any of you missing it? I went to my dealer and they said that they would try to get me one under warranty but got shot down and that I should have caught it before taking delivery. Now I don't go looking for locks when inspecting a new car prior to delivery. I only check the obvious like scratches, dents, and accessories. The barrel lock cost $26 and comes with keys.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Gunslinger420 said:
After owning my 04 Armada LE for 14 months now, I just noticed that the front center console which has the DVD player inside is missing the lock. I happened to be driving one day opening the console to give my son a headphone and while grabbing for the latch my finger went into a hole where the lock should be. I went into the manual and yep, there shoul dbe a lock there with a key slot. Are any of you missing it? I went to my dealer and they said that they would try to get me one under warranty but got shot down and that I should have caught it before taking delivery. Now I don't go looking for locks when inspecting a new car prior to delivery. I only check the obvious like scratches, dents, and accessories. The barrel lock cost $26 and comes with keys.
That stinks. I guess it could be a mixed blessing. The standard lock fits the ignition key. This way you could lock the compartment but give the key to a valet, mechanic, etc. and keep it secure. I'd find the salesman and ring his neck for one though. ;)

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sales guy is gone. He was young buck that couldn't handle my negotiations. I knew more about the mada' than he did. Might just have to splurge to get it now.

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.