Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm performing the rear suspension delete recommended on this forum (Moog/ Bilstein), and I wanted to provide an easy to access parts list for you guys (see below).

The bolts that you remove should be replaced when you're working, and your local dealership probably doesn't have them in stock.

Should I replace anything else while I'm in there?

And another question:

The Moog's sit in the Spring Seats differently than the stock springs. The coil has an extra 1/4-1/2 turn. Should I be concerned?
If that's not reason for concern, I need help with the seating. The Spring Seats have arrows on them. If I align the Spring Seats with the indentations made by the stock spring, the arrows don't align (see photo on the right).
Should I align the Spring Seat so the arrows are aligned or so the stock spring indentations meet the end of the springs?

I hope this is helpful, and I appreciate any help you can provide.

Prices below are January 2020 from Summit Racing and Nissan Parts Deal (I am in no way affiliated with them). You only need two of each bolt and nut, but the nuts come in packs of 10 and one bolt comes in packs of 5.
Bilstein 24-276801 - Bilstein B6 4600 Series Shocks and Struts
BSN-24-276801
Shock/Strut, B6 4600 Series, Monotube, Each
(Mfr. #: 24-276801)​
Ready to Ship
Ground​
$76.00​
2​
$152.00​
Moog Chassis Parts 81085 - Moog Replacement Coil Springs
MOG-81085
Coil Springs, Replacement, Rear, Black Powdercoated, Pair
(Mfr. #: 81085)​
Ready to Ship
Ground​
$135.99​
1​
$135.99
Part DescriptionPriceQty.Subtotal
part Img
Part No.:54588-AD00A
NUT
[Armada | 2008]
$1.3710$13.70
part Img
Part No.:55479-7S010
BOLT
[Armada | 2008]
$4.145$20.70
part Img
Part No.:55080-7S010
BOLT-LINK,REAR SUSPENSION
[Armada | 2008]
$8.042$16.08
part Img
Part No.:08918-6441A
NUT
[Armada | 2008]
$1.1010$11.00

Here's how she looks before the operation:

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm consider the rear delete as well on my '07.
BTW, you can gain +20HP if you put black rims on and another +10 HP if you remove the running boards. :)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I have those springs but I don't remember the rubber seat being misaligned. I'd say you want the spring in the groove (they'll probably slip) and the arrows pointing outwards as best you can.

Also, if you didn't buy those fasteners yet, any grade 8 stuff of the same sizes will work. That lower bolt on mine was a mess in the New England rust, sure needed a new one. Top bolt was fine.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts

Here's how she looks before the operation:
Can you measure from the top of the tire to the bottom (outer) edge of the fender front and back?
Up front I am at almost 5" exactly. On the rear tire I am about at 3-3/4". Just to see the diff front to back. Looks like you have lower profile tires on.

I put the Bilstein 4600's on the front 9 years ago. I've never done anything to the rear. The compressor doesn't run abnormally as far as I can tell. Only if I am sitting pitched fore or aft.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you measure from the top of the tire to the bottom (outer) edge of the fender front and back?
Up front I am at almost 5" exactly. On the rear tire I am about at 3-3/4". Just to see the diff front to back. Looks like you have lower profile tires on.

I put the Bilstein 4600's on the front 9 years ago. I've never done anything to the rear. The compressor doesn't run abnormally as far as I can tell. Only if I am sitting pitched fore or aft.
No, but I can tell you that before the operation she was sitting exactly at 36" from the ground front and back, when the bags were working correctly.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I'll pipe in and say that if it's only the air shocks that are bad you can get new OE for 250.00 shipped from Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'll pipe in and say that if it's only the air shocks that are bad you can get new OE for 250.00 shipped from Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Comments like this would be a lot more useful with links.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m looking at an ‘06 and I want to use it to tow a small travel trailer (maybe 7k lbs fully loaded, under 600 tongue weight). I’d want to beef up the rear if the air suspension goes bad which it seems is likely. Would a setup like this work for that?

Also for people running Bilsteins up front, are you using the stock springs or getting new ones?

I want it to handle the best possible when not towing, but be able to handle way more towing than I want to do with it. I’m new to towing so it scares me a bit, but I’m not at all concerned about a harsh ride...I daily an M3 right now...

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
The air suspension either works or it doesn't. If it's works I'd leave it alone, it's ok as is. I replaced mine because they leaked air and I didn't want to mess with that anymore.

Stock springs on Bilsteins up front.

You should be fine towing 7k just make sure you use a WD / Sway hitch if called for in your set up. Don't play around with towing, make sure you get it right so you don't have any problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The air suspension either works or it doesn't. If it's works I'd leave it alone, it's ok as is. I replaced mine because they leaked air and I didn't want to mess with that anymore.

Stock springs on Bilsteins up front.

You should be fine towing 7k just make sure you use a WD / Sway hitch if called for in your set up. Don't play around with towing, make sure you get it right so you don't have any problems.
Awesome thanks. Yeah I know it's got a higher limit than 7K for towing, didn't think that should be an issue. That's about the tops I'd want to go. My wife really wants like 26' box but I'm thinking 24' is about the most I want which seems to put us in the 5000lb to 5500lb dry range. I just want to make sure I do everything I can to make it a decent experience.

I also drove a QX56 that had the Bilsteins up front and man is it a night and day difference, so I think I'll just plan on doing that no matter what I get. Doesn't seem like to hard to replace, I'll need a spring compressor but nothing I haven't done before...Just didn't know if there were better ones to get.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts