Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just spoke with Ken Carter in the Arbitration dept. at Nissan. He confirmed that the new "countermeasures" as he called them included a larger rotor and new calipers, and would be out in the next 30-60 days. Apparently Nissan is getting their patent paperwork finalized. The parts have been tested and are working according to what I was told. No word on specifics (he was pretty careful not to give me too much info) but for what it's worth, another confirmation.

We also spoke about the "shimmy" at highway speeds. It was good to hear that I'm not going crazy, and that there really is an issue there (I've had numerous balance/rotation jobs done to no avail). From our conversation I think they're going to issue TSB on that as well.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Just spoke with Ken Carter in the Arbitration dept. at Nissan. He confirmed that the new "countermeasures" as he called them included a larger rotor and new calipers, and would be out in the next 30-60 days. Apparently Nissan is getting their patent paperwork finalized. The parts have been tested and are working according to what I was told. No word on specifics (he was pretty careful not to give me too much info) but for what it's worth, another confirmation.

We also spoke about the "shimmy" at highway speeds. It was good to hear that I'm not going crazy, and that there really is an issue there (I've had numerous balance/rotation jobs done to no avail). From our conversation I think they're going to issue TSB on that as well.
They 05s are included in this also right? I mean if there is a TSB on the brakes and calipers then the 05 owners should be in on it too right? :)

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Thanks for the update.

My question is... What will we have to do in order for the dealer to install these new components?

I mean, do I have to start complaining about my brakes now and then get this upgrade when it is out or can I just wait until it is out?

My brakes are not bad, but I can tell they are not right. I've been holding off taking it to the dealer until a REAL fix has been issued.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Ok I was toll by one of the service workers at my Nissan dealer that they have a waiting list for us "it was like 2 months ago” so I guess its time for us to start complaining about our brakes....I guess. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well

From what I gleened from my conversation, it seemed to be a case of "if you bitch about it they'll fix it" kind of thing. I could be making an incorrect assumption, but from what I gathered they weren't planning a recall, just another TSB.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I'd like to see it become a recall -- but I guess that's a pipe dream. I'm definitely going to have them look at my brakes very closely at the next service interval.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I take my comment back.. The brakes are getting worse and this is very evident at high speeds as is common with a warped rotor.... It's been a few weeks since I drove it on the highway but OMG is there a problem.

I'm assuming this fix has nothing to do with mileage and what not.. How soon do we expect this to be out.. I'm assuming it's still a ways out for everyone..

I know at least one member on here is getting it or has already got it right?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Armada is still in the shop- supposedly they're installing the new brake kit today (larger rotors, new calipers, etc.) I'm hoping to get it back today or tomorrow. I will post some pics and other info when I get it back.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Let us know when it's done and what you think.. My ride has always felt like it took too much effort to brake.. I don't want them to simply turn the rotors and call it a day.

What kind of information is your rep giving you? You can PM me if you want with any information along with his name... I am in NC however so I'm sure the rep's are different from location to location but I can still try and get some information.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Technical Service Bulletin- manufacturers will use these when they think that not every vehicle suffers the problem, and/or there hasn't been a mandated recall by the NHTSA.

Speaking of the NHTSA, I was just browsing their site and there have only been 2 recalls on the Titan (none on the Armada). One for a seatbelt anchor and one for a column shift assembly.

The Fords and Chebbys have about a gazillion.

So I guess things could be worse! :rolleyes:

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,201 Posts
So whats the TSB called? Anybody knows I having the same issue.
Click on the link below to get the TSBs and recalls listed for the 04. You may have to join in order to see them, but it is free just like CA.

04 TSBs (There are actually 9 pages of TSBs)

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase.html?catid=202

04 recalls

NTB08-068c
-REVISED-
2004-2006 NISSAN TITAN, ARMADA; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN AIR CONDITIONER CONDENSER FAN

NTB07-075c
-REVISED-
2004-2005 NISSAN ARMADA, QUEST; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM (SRS) DIAGNOSIS SENSOR UNIT

NTB05-086
2004-05 TITAN, ARMADA, 2005 FRONTIER, PATHFINDER, XTERRA; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN BODY CONTROL MODULE SUB-HARNESS

1 - 18 of 18 Posts