Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Bose 6 disc changer mp3 compatible? I thought I would ask before I burn some and waste time!

Thanks

Rodney

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Again, the ingnorance shows its face. Our "BOSE" isn't "BOSE" either. No factory stereo with an aftermarket name is made by the aftermarket company. Not one, not ever. The "BOSE" stereo is assembled by Panasonic to Nissan's specs. The speakers are assembled by BOSE, again according to Nissan's specs. It is the high end Nissan stereo we own. BTW, BOSE stands for Buy Other Stereo Equipment. It is one of he worst made setups for the money for both home and car and has been for decades.

As to the MP3 question, most factory stereos made for the past several years are MP3 compatable. No reason to think ours isn't, but try it out. Also RW CDs usually don't work as well as the one time burners as they don't burn the pips as deeply.

Hope this helps and clears things up.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
ftnssn said:
:urock: little harsh don't you think.
Maybe. Its just that I've been posting this same information on boards like this for Jeep, Ford, Corvettes, Titans, Infinitis, VWs, etc. for years and it still is a common misconseption. So many people are dupped into getting the stereo crap the dealers offer and paying through the nose. The worst I can verify, as I was working as an installer at a stereo shop at the time, was the C4 corvette BOSE. It was in the vettes from 84-96. Chevy charged $1500 for the upgrade in the late 80s. Turns out the speakers cost $3 each, amps about $10 to make, and deck not much more. Also, if they had spent $500 at an aftermarket shop at that time, they would have had a system that would have kicked the BOSE's but. Same applies today. Car companies have gotten wise though and now no longer offer stereo deletes and bundle stereo upgrades with other high demand options so you can't avoid them easily. I have the BOSE, and wish I didn't, but resigned myself to it as I wanted the LE, which had it standard. The extra $750 for the Bose on the SE is just throwing more good money after bad. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
fair enough, but i already knew what you were saying but I was just answering their question about mp3s and trying to differentiate between the two players. I'm actually an installer myself.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
ftnssn said:
fair enough, but i already knew what you were saying but I was just answering their question about mp3s and trying to differentiate between the two players. I'm actually an installer myself.
No attack at you and I apologize if it read that way, just venting frustration. :noworries

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
There are other threads here you can search which will give you a lot of information about our sound systems.

Short answer: Your 6 disc CD WILL NOT PLAY mp3's. Best solution: Get an IPod or other hard-drive based player of your personal preference and plug it into the auxillary input on the dash. That works great.

BTW, I'm no fan of Bose, but the problem in our system is grossly exaggerated upper bass which really muddies the midrange. Try leaving your midrange and treble controls flat (0), and put the bass down at -4 or -5. The sub will still be strong.

My totally factory stock system measures very, very flat on professional grade test equipment when set this way. Yours may be different, but give it a try before slamming the factory system and running out and spending a ton of money.

As always, differing opinions are respected. Just one guy's point of view.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Armada,

Your settings are very close to what I came up with by ear. Having built my own speakers for a 7.1 home theater, I was initially very disapointed with the BOSE system. Like TB, I wanted everything else that went with the LE, and the BOSE was just stuck to it. I have owned some bandpass bass speakers before, and the muddied upper bass brings back those memories. I came up with +1 treble and midrange, and -3 bass. I can live with this until I finish modding with bigger wheels/tires, then it's time for new amps and speakers. I'm going to stick with the factory panaonic/bose head unit for now, as Mrs. Blackrain likes the integrated steering wheel/radio/sirius/cd/nav console. Yeah, BOSE blows, but it works for now. Onward team Armada! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts