Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just got me the Mr Clean AutoDry Car Wash for father's day. I just used it and, let me just say, it is wonderful. I live in an area with pretty hard water and had a hard time keeping off water spots, even with careful drying. After I used my "new toy" not a single water spot to be found. I highly recommend it.
Plus it was a lot quicker than the the old way.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
The first time it work great too

Mine worked great the first time too, then not so good the second and third time not at all. Now it is in the land fill because if it is going to cost me $5 to $10 a car wash, I will just dry the car myself.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I use the wax you spray on when the car is wet and then use an absorber to dry it off. Works great. Wax isn't as good as a good carnuba but I do it every time, which is usually once a week, instead of once a month and you don't break your arm waxing a 100 yard long truck. No spots and great shine. Rain beads. Takes 5 minutes extra after a wash. What more do you want?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I got the Mr. Clean Autodry Kit for fathers day and I used it the same day. I do have to say, it worked well :) Then today, it was windy and rained for two minutes. Needless to say, The Red Brawn beast is dirty :mad: I guess, I will wash it again. The package says the filter is good for three washes, but with the size of the Amada, I am doubtful.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
wash

Go find zaino car wash and polish stuff and use it you will never use anything else again, I live in louisana and the air doesnt get any dirtier then here, if you dont dry the car then it looks the same as if you jsut went mudding. after using zaino my car stays a lot cleaner for much longer then a week now. with the humidity and the dew it was hopeless till I used this stuff.
oh and I used the mr clean it works ok but its like painting the vehicle and I can honestly dry it witha shamois faster then I can with the mr clean. go find some Zaino its like the dust dirt etc jsut slides off the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Zaino is the best. I use it on the vette. Just too much yardage on the Armada for me.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I have had this system for over a year now. The filters that come with it is only good for about 3 washings. The replacement is good for about 8. After awhile the cost of filters will start to add up. I use the process below and a 100% white cotton towel.

A great tip is to use a Toro 210mph Electric or equivalent leaf blower. Dries your car in about 5 minutes.... without even touching the paint surface.... You can at least use it to blow water from hinges, rearview mirrors, emblems, etc. I hate washing and drying my vehicle and then driving off and have water streak from some obscure location.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Got the system recently, and will reserve it for special occasions, because it does work well, but you still have to dry the car. I've picked up the leaf blower trick from this board, and now the neighbors are sure I have issues (if they only knew). At least Mr. Clean is back in the limelight again, shaved head and all.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
inf3rno said:
just a lil question.. how long to wash those babys of urs? just and adv. :clueless:
I can wash it in about 30 minutes, from the first wetting to the final drying. This includes power wash, wash, rinse, wax, and dry, including wheels. Throw in vaccum, wiping down interior, and wheel detailing (tire gel) and its another 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Wow, that's fast. It takes me every bit of an hour to wash/dry mine inside and out, and that's if I'm in a hurry. Usually it's like 2 hours.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Blackrain
Don't feel bad, my neighbors look at me like I have lost my mind when I'm drying mine. I don't care, I like being different. To be honest that's one of the reason I bought my Armada in the first place. It doesn't look like everything else on the road.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Wow, that's fast. It takes me every bit of an hour to wash/dry mine inside and out, and that's if I'm in a hurry. Usually it's like 2 hours.
That's because I do it at least once a week. I have a system I follow and its constantly improving in efficiency. Also, you don't get that dirty in a week. ;)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
well I picked up my Mr. Clean Auto wash today and washed the beast for the first time.
Wow, this thing is big, lol.

Thumbs up on the Mr. Clean. No drying necessary. Unreal. Not a spot left on.

Really, the best thing to do is a good coat of Liquid Glass, especially when it's new. Protects like nothing else on the market.

I usually put a coat or two when the car is new.
Gonna be a job though on the Mada.

Just my 2 cents worth ! :)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
That's because I do it at least once a week. I have a system I follow and its constantly improving in efficiency. Also, you don't get that dirty in a week. ;)
umm. seems like it.... only 1/2 hour to wash it, and vacuum is really good !!! :urock:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts