Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ummm im still doing research on an armada, clearly an 06 now, my question is when ppl talk about that they got their truck for lets say $1000 over invoice (stickers says $38 invoice is $33 ) and then they got 2000 cash back to a total of say 31,000... does that mean they are financing the truck at that price? is there any down included? cuz they dont mention anything of a down payment. this is what im trying to look at, but most posts say they got their truck with incentive plus a lil bit more than invoice. since im looking to buy and LE 4x4 invoice is about $38. with 2000 cash back plus 10 down we're talking bout $26 am i right on this? then TTL and taxes $27. monthly payment lower than $500 a month. sounds good? making any sense? :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
inf3rno said:
ummm im still doing research on an armada, clearly an 06 now, my question is when ppl talk about that they got their truck for lets say $1000 over invoice (stickers says $38 invoice is $33 ) and then they got 2000 cash back to a total of say 31,000... does that mean they are financing the truck at that price? is there any down included? cuz they dont mention anything of a down payment. this is what im trying to look at, but most posts say they got their truck with incentive plus a lil bit more than invoice. since im looking to buy and LE 4x4 invoice is about $38. with 2000 cash back plus 10 down we're talking bout $26 am i right on this? then TTL and taxes $27. monthly payment lower than $500 a month. sounds good? making any sense? :confused:
In your example, they would be financing 31K unless they put more down. Its may be better to take the lower financing rate than the cash back if you can get it, especially if you are financing more than 25K.

EX.
$26k at 5.35% for 5 years is 495 a month
$28K at 2.00% for 5 years is 491 a month
$28K at 3.00 for 5 years is 503 a month.
Check to see what you can get. Currently it looks like they are offering 2% up to 36 months or 3% up to 60 months or $2000 back. I was able to get 2% on $37K for 60 months. Saved me $15 a payment for 5 years vs. the cash back or $900 ;)

BTW, you may want to see what changes are coming for '06 and decide if an '05 would work for a lower price. They pretty much fixed everything for '05 and you may save a good chunk.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah, yes they still doing the 2% or 3% for 5 years... and as i can see u save quiet a chunk. seems that im going to wait till 06 then :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
I would say to get your own loan from your bank and get cash back from Nissan. I got a loan from capital one for 5 years at 4.95%, it is still saving some money and easy for negotiate with the deal at dealer .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
inf3rno said:
ah, yes they still doing the 2% or 3% for 5 years... and as i can see u save quiet a chunk. seems that im going to wait till 06 then :)
Got to be careful about how people describe what they paid, especially if they had a trade in, that can throw the whole thing off. Match the 'Mada option for option that you want that is in dealer stock with Edmunds.com invoice pricing to figure out what price you are negotiating on.
The dealer can sell for this price or less (including the dealer prep/destination charge) and still make money, THEN decide if you want cash back or finance deal. That is from the factory and seperate from what the dealer can do. Good luck!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got this monday from a dealer 35,000 with: dvd sunroof tow bose and 4x4 i think ill wait for 06 models to arrive and hope to find still an 05 truck with decent options. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8 Posts
inf3rno, when you're really ready to shop, it's worth going to consumerreports.org and ordering a new car price report - it's well worth the $12, as you can see true bottom line prices and it lays it all out clearly.

Car dealers love to give with one hand and take away (much more) with the other. i.e. they'll give you a great price on the car and then screw you on the trade-in or financing - most likely both. So make sure you do your homework on getting bank financing and find out what you could realistically sell your car for locally. Then either force a good deal out of them or pass.

Remember that the salesmen get comission only on the profit they make the dealership, so they're out to get you any way they can.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15 Posts
inf3rno said:
i got this monday from a dealer 35,000 with: dvd sunroof tow bose and 4x4 i think ill wait for 06 models to arrive and hope to find still an 05 truck with decent options. :)
Inf3rno,
I too am in the market for a 4x4 LE with the Tech package (dvd+nav+sunroof). I would be happy to buy the 05 or 06.

However your pricing of $35k is very good. Where were you able to get this pricing?
I am an immediate buyer.
Thanks,
Eric
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i live in VA and the salesman was crazy trying to sell me the truck... just now i was checking inventory on dealer and they got a few 06 model already. and yes he offered about 35,000 for an 05.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15 Posts
inf3rno said:
i live in VA and the salesman was crazy trying to sell me the truck... just now i was checking inventory on dealer and they got a few 06 model already. and yes he offered about 35,000 for an 05.
inf3rno, who is the dealership/salesman?
private message me if you wish...i am an immediate buyer at that price !
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top