Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am taking my 1st step on getting some of my "bugs" worked out.

I dropped off my Mada last night and they are looking at; wind noise from the rear doors, leaky sun roof, rattles in the front dash (center) rattles in the rear lift gate, sun roof cover rattling, tire pressure gauge stays on, replacement of the driver side door handle (the chrome was coming off). Last but not least, the shimmy in the front when I hit 60mph. I had asked them to look at that shimmy last month but I was told that Nissan could not do anything under warranty till I hit 1,500 miles. That seemed crazy but I was at 900 and thought I would just wait (pick my battles).

Anyway, my service advisor told me he could have all this done by 4pm today (LOL). Think that is possible??

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
If it's anything like my dealer you'll see it by Friday of next week. :)

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
AZARMADA said:
Well I am taking my 1st step on getting some of my "bugs" worked out.

I dropped off my Mada last night and they are looking at; wind noise from the rear doors, leaky sun roof, rattles in the front dash (center) rattles in the rear lift gate, sun roof cover rattling, tire pressure gauge stays on, replacement of the driver side door handle (the chrome was coming off). Last but not least, the shimmy in the front when I hit 60mph. I had asked them to look at that shimmy last month but I was told that Nissan could not do anything under warranty till I hit 1,500 miles. That seemed crazy but I was at 900 and thought I would just wait (pick my battles).

Anyway, my service advisor told me he could have all this done by 4pm today (LOL). Think that is possible??
i hope you bitched (or asked / insisted nicely) for a loaner.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I got my truck back at 3:45. That is 15 min early but all was not fixed.

The door handle replaced and look great. The rattles in the front are fixed. The sun roof was adjusted and no more wind noise or leak. The rattle I thought was the sun roof visor was the top console and that is on order and will be replaced. The wind from the doors; the TSB did not fix they are ordering both rear window runs. The tire pressure gauge was re-set. The rattles from they lift gate; they could not hear, I asked if they sat in the back and was told no, they will fix this next time.

The tire thing is the odd part. The vibration I was getting at high speeds is from bad tire (they say). I was told that they had very high RFV's and need to be replaced. They do not warranty tires to I need to have this done elsewhere.

Can anyone explain RFV's (road force ........)?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Try swapping the bad tire for another and see if the shimmy moves. If it does, it's probably out of balance and needs rebalancing. If it doesn't, its probably bad alignment, which seems to happen quite often on new Armadas/Titans.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They did swap out the front and rear; it is still there but not as bad. I bought this last month, it is a march built 04 and I was told that the tires could be bad due to sitting for that long period of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts