Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a thread on here somewhere, but for some reason I cannot find it today. My sub quit working this week. I came out in the morning and the sound was dull. The fuse behind the glove box is fine. Does anyone know of a writeup or something to troubleshoot the sub on the armada?

thanks

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
It is pretty common on these Bose subwoofers from Nissan to have a relay go out in the amp. I found a thread on a 350z forum that covers the repair process (it's just a bit different to get to the amp since it is on the surface of the subwoofer under the driver's seat, but once you get the amp removed, it is the same steps).

It does require soldering, so if you're not comfortable with that, you may need to look and see if there's replacement amps that are available for purchase.

Reactions: bigj6360

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks. I will look at the relay. It may take me until after the weekend to get around to it. I'll post the issue and solution mid next week.

thanks again.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
This was the relay I purchased. I think it was prime eligible at the time.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I didn't even know we had a sub woofer, I bought it used. I thought the audio sounded pretty weak, especially if Bose was going to put their name all over it. I did some searching here where I was excited to learn that there is a sub woofer! Mine was just not working but it can be fixed! So I soldered a new relay on mine today...very underwhelming! I was hoping for more. Oh, well, it was worth a shot being that the relay was so cheap.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Well, I've been having the same issue for the past two weeks and its been driving me nuts. I had the relay changed and it didnt do anything.
I've had the relay changed earlier and it did help then but not anymore. Earlier when i had it changed, there was no power coming into the subwoofer. But now there is power coming to the subwoofer but very little output. Barely any to be precise.
The door speakers are doing their job and so is the centre channel.
I'm not considering either upgrading the woofer in the factory joke of a box. or change the entire box to an alpine 8inch underseat.
The reason i'm considering the alpine unit is because im considering changing all the speakers too to alpine type R component and going fully active. I just have not been able to wrap my head around all the LOC and adding a DSP.
That'll take some time. In the meantime, really need to fix this low end issue.

P.S. anyone know the size of the woofer in the bose stock unit and the impedance. As i'm looking at a kicker 6.75 woofer. trying to get info on the impedance of the base unit that way I know which one to get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts